By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo could handle their port situation so much better

Well I never played Donkey Kong or Bayonetta 2 on the WiiU, so for me the price was well worth the investment. They are great games and I have no regrets.

Now for those that DID have a WiiU and who played these games, I can understand uour frustration. What they should have done was maybe offer a trade in discount if you had the prior version. Sony did this with TLoU on PS4 where if you brought your PS3 version to Gamestop, you would get 50 bucks off the PS4 version (so basically 10 bucks). Similar methods were used for digital purchases of other later cross gen ports as well. Had Nintendo done this, I feel the blowback would not be as bad as it is.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

What about this one:

Instead of overpriced ports: new games

HintHRO said:
What about this one:

Instead of overpriced ports: new games

I agree!

New Super Mario Bros.U Deluxe should be a DLC on WiiU not a new game for Switch. They are playing smart

Chaimo said:

NSMBU is a select title on the Wii U, you can get it for 30$ (I think), what really is new in the Deluxe version is Peachette. 

Captain Toad only has four new levels, not that much. (Allthough this isn't a fullprice title, I'll give you that.)

MK8 DX is the only port which got enough new content. That's also why I left it out of the discussion. But you can also see here that Nintendo wasn't that creative with it. The feature with holding two items at once was only built in to have more new content, not to enrich the game itself: It's way more unbalanced now.

The Selects release of the Wii U version doesn't include New Super Luigi U I don't believe. Really, this isn't too bad of a price considering you get 162 levels across both titles, plus a few new playable characters. 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe hardly had much new content. It was only really the Inklings and Battle mode that were new. Most of its included content was all DLC in the original release, or was added in later as an update like Labo Support. 

Around the Network

If there's money to be made, why not make it?

TheMisterManGuy said:
Chaimo said:

NSMBU is a select title on the Wii U, you can get it for 30$ (I think), what really is new in the Deluxe version is Peachette. 

Captain Toad only has four new levels, not that much. (Allthough this isn't a fullprice title, I'll give you that.)

MK8 DX is the only port which got enough new content. That's also why I left it out of the discussion. But you can also see here that Nintendo wasn't that creative with it. The feature with holding two items at once was only built in to have more new content, not to enrich the game itself: It's way more unbalanced now.

The Selects release of the Wii U version doesn't include New Super Luigi U I don't believe. Really, this isn't too bad of a price considering you get 162 levels across both titles, plus a few new playable characters. 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe hardly had much new content. It was only really the Inklings and Battle mode that were new. Most of its included content was all DLC in the original release, or was added in later as an update like Labo Support. 

It does in Europe at least. https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_new-super-mario-bros-u-new-super-luigi-u-nintendo-selects-jump-n-run-2117006.html

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Because it should be customer and not money first.

village boy learns to jump.

Chaimo said:

It does in Europe at least. https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_new-super-mario-bros-u-new-super-luigi-u-nintendo-selects-jump-n-run-2117006.html

Okay, but since it wasn't a worldwide release, I don't think really counts. NSMBU DX isn't the lazy re-release that Tropical Freeze was as it's more akin to Mario Kart 8 that being, an enhanced port with all the DLC plus a few new additions included in the base package. 

Chaimo said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Because it should be customer and not money first.

1s1, Nintendo is a business, not a passion project. 

2nd, no one is forcing customers to buy said product

3rd, if new games aren't ready, they're not ready. Nintendo already stated a couple of titles slated for 2018 were delayed, it isn't as if they're purposely intending to shaft Switch owners. 

You don't have to buy their ports if you're not interested in them. There are plenty games to pick instead.

Also, you said these ports aren't good enough of a deal for people who have not already played it. Why not? These people can now play the games, too. All these games are excellent on their own. Being ports doesn't make them worse suddenly.