Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo could handle their port situation so much better

Chaimo said: 

1. What the costumer gets most of the time: An overpriced, lazy port of an old game. This isn't that exciting, even for gamers who haven't played those titles before.

Nintendo could satisfy the costumer so much more with real complete editions: 

Instead of NSMBUD: New Super Mario Bros. + DS, Wii, 3DS and U (as the last entry of the series)

Instead of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: SM3DL, SM3DW and Captain Toad

Nintendo could even do Pikmin 1,2 and 3 with this concept. You get the idea.

Full Price wouldn't be a problem anymore, the costumer would be better treated and the Wii and DS Era closed off. The Switch would feel on top of that way more lika a new generation. Nintendo could still fill these holes between new games. The only downside would be more work or less money for Big N. But at the end of the day, there would still be a big fat green plus.

I simply can't defending what Nintendo is doing right now when there are much better solutions.

What do you think?

The costumer?  

(nit-picking spelling, all in good jest)

Around the Network

Well I never played Donkey Kong or Bayonetta 2 on the WiiU, so for me the price was well worth the investment. They are great games and I have no regrets.

Now for those that DID have a WiiU and who played these games, I can understand uour frustration. What they should have done was maybe offer a trade in discount if you had the prior version. Sony did this with TLoU on PS4 where if you brought your PS3 version to Gamestop, you would get 50 bucks off the PS4 version (so basically 10 bucks). Similar methods were used for digital purchases of other later cross gen ports as well. Had Nintendo done this, I feel the blowback would not be as bad as it is.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

What about this one:

Instead of overpriced ports: new games

HintHRO said:
What about this one:

Instead of overpriced ports: new games

I agree!

New Super Mario Bros.U Deluxe should be a DLC on WiiU not a new game for Switch. They are playing smart

Around the Network
Chaimo said:

NSMBU is a select title on the Wii U, you can get it for 30$ (I think), what really is new in the Deluxe version is Peachette. 

Captain Toad only has four new levels, not that much. (Allthough this isn't a fullprice title, I'll give you that.)

MK8 DX is the only port which got enough new content. That's also why I left it out of the discussion. But you can also see here that Nintendo wasn't that creative with it. The feature with holding two items at once was only built in to have more new content, not to enrich the game itself: It's way more unbalanced now.

The Selects release of the Wii U version doesn't include New Super Luigi U I don't believe. Really, this isn't too bad of a price considering you get 162 levels across both titles, plus a few new playable characters. 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe hardly had much new content. It was only really the Inklings and Battle mode that were new. Most of its included content was all DLC in the original release, or was added in later as an update like Labo Support. 

If there's money to be made, why not make it?

TheMisterManGuy said:
Chaimo said:

NSMBU is a select title on the Wii U, you can get it for 30$ (I think), what really is new in the Deluxe version is Peachette. 

Captain Toad only has four new levels, not that much. (Allthough this isn't a fullprice title, I'll give you that.)

MK8 DX is the only port which got enough new content. That's also why I left it out of the discussion. But you can also see here that Nintendo wasn't that creative with it. The feature with holding two items at once was only built in to have more new content, not to enrich the game itself: It's way more unbalanced now.

The Selects release of the Wii U version doesn't include New Super Luigi U I don't believe. Really, this isn't too bad of a price considering you get 162 levels across both titles, plus a few new playable characters. 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe hardly had much new content. It was only really the Inklings and Battle mode that were new. Most of its included content was all DLC in the original release, or was added in later as an update like Labo Support. 

It does in Europe at least. https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_new-super-mario-bros-u-new-super-luigi-u-nintendo-selects-jump-n-run-2117006.html

PortisheadBiscuit said:
If there's money to be made, why not make it?

Because it should be customer and not money first.

village boy learns to jump.

They could also give us the industry standard of external save files but... nope.

China Numba wan!!

The thing is, I could agree with you but if they released TMS#FE tomorrow they could put any price on it and id buy it :x