By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Also;

#16: A Risk-like strategy game, also like a much more famous series about large-scale warfare, based on a European comic-book series.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
Mnementh said:

Sorry, I got behind schedule. I was playing the last week mostly. An very enticing game. Yes, you guessed it, Katamari Damacy Reroll! Just finished the last level (create the moon) and saw the credits. No played the credits. Smash Bros has playable credits but this is something else. Not gonna spoil it. Get the game, it is great. Get at least the demo. And yeah, it will be in my future lists.

But enough about the game of the year. As I am far behind, I think I flood this with a lot of hints, so we can back on schedule.

a) This entry of the long going series actually sold the most.
b) It's - as you could guess with me - a turn-based strategy game with RPG elements.
c) Marry and have children.
d) Time travelling kids.

a) This was a surprising revival of a series that was dormant for 20 years.
b) Yeah, this is the REAL Lord of the underworld! The boss fight we just had was an underling.
c) So many gods! And they all talk a lot.

a) The same series as #21, this was a direct sequel of an earlier entry on a new console generation.
b) The girl with silver hair.
c) Shapeshifter.

#18: Guessed by Landale_Star: Dragon Quest Builders

a) I want to become a pirate!

a) Transhumanism: The Game!

a) The gameplay of one RPG-series of that company combined with the characters of another RPG-series.

a) What is the cause for the hollowborn?

a) If you drink water contaminated with industrial waste, you take over the world!

a) You can be joined by a mighty warrior who talks to his miniature giant space hamster.

17: The Secret of Monkey Island?

12. Baldur's Gate

Right and very right.

OTBWY said:
Mnementh said:

Sorry, I got behind schedule. I was playing the last week mostly. An very enticing game. Yes, you guessed it, Katamari Damacy Reroll! Just finished the last level (create the moon) and saw the credits. No played the credits. Smash Bros has playable credits but this is something else. Not gonna spoil it. Get the game, it is great. Get at least the demo. And yeah, it will be in my future lists.

But enough about the game of the year. As I am far behind, I think I flood this with a lot of hints, so we can back on schedule.

b) It's - as you could guess with me - a turn-based strategy game with RPG elements.
d) Time travelling kids.

b) Yeah, this is the REAL Lord of the underworld! The boss fight we just had was an underling.

a) The same series as #21, this was a direct sequel of an earlier entry on a new console generation.
c) Shapeshifter.

a) The gameplay of one RPG-series of that company combined with the characters of another RPG-series.

a) If you drink water contaminated with industrial waste, you take over the world!

a) You can be joined by a mighty warrior who talks to his miniature giant space hamster.

#15 Final Fantasy Tactics?

Nope, I never played FFT. I am intrigued though, after LiquidLaser talked about it, but with my assortment of hardware it might be difficult to get without resorting to piracy. PSP would probably the best option, but I never got one. I can't see it on PS3.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

mZuzek said:

#19 - A dark, immersive and intense rhythm game that features no catchy or recognizable music. It was promoted as "rhythm violence".

Thumper.

S.Peelman said:
Also;

#16: A Risk-like strategy game, also like a much more famous series about large-scale warfare, based on a European comic-book series.

I recall you having an Asterix game on your list, but I'm not sure what the title is.

mZuzek said:
Flilix said:

Thumper.

I'm assuming you googled rhythm violence, but, yeah. I mean, putting that on the hint was basically a free google pass, but I felt no one would guess it otherwise.

I didn't, actually. I think I once read that on its eShop page or something like that.

Flilix said: 
S.Peelman said:
Also;

I recall you having an Asterix game on your list, but I'm not sure what the title is.

Good memory.

The name is just that; Astérix. Though the PC port is subtitled ‘The Gallic War’.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

d) Time travelling kids.

c) Shapeshifter.

Guessed by Darashiva: The Secret of Monkey Island

Guessed by Darashiva: Baldur's Gate

#21 Fire Emblem Awakening?

#19 Fire Emblem Fates?

Flilix said:

I've got some catching up to do.

- Fighting game based on a cartoon
- This N64 game got ported to PC two years later
- Simon & Garfunkel originally named themselves after this duo
- The playable characters are 2 cats, 2 mice, 2 dogs and a duck
- It's a Tom and Jerry game
- Fists

- 8 games
- This character stars in a new game coming out very soon
- The last hint is incorrect now, since that game already came out

- Shows off the capabilities of the system, you don't even need to use buttons!
- Microgames

- Remake of a game released in 2000
- 3 days

- Swedish digging game

- In the top 100 best selling games, for the 7th year now

- Get all your guys to the exit

- Fourth game in the series, but chronologically it's the first

- This game very recently got ported to another console

- But, if you're thinking about my baby, it don't matter if you're

- Both redesigned classic stages, and new stages that feel like classics

#27 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D?

mZuzek said:
Flilix said:

I didn't, actually. I think I once read that on its eShop page or something like that.

Hm, that makes sense. Speaking of eShop and stuff, I recommend you go there and buy it!

I'm quite sure it's still on my wishlist. But there are so many games on there...

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Flilix said

- Remake of a game released in 2000
- 3 days

#27 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D?

Correct!

Flilix said:

I've got some catching up to do.

- Shows off the capabilities of the system, you don't even need to use buttons!
- Microgames

- Swedish digging game

- In the top 100 best selling games, for the 7th year now

- Get all your guys to the exit

- This game very recently got ported to another console

- Both redesigned classic stages, and new stages that feel like classics

#28: Wario Ware Smooth Moves

#26: Steamworld Dig

#25: Minecraft

#24: Lemmings

#22: Katamari Damacy

#20 Sonic Mania

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Mnementh said:

d) Time travelling kids.

c) Shapeshifter.

#19 Fire Emblem Fates?

#21: Yay, right!

#19: Boo, wrong!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Mr.GameCrazy said:

#19 Fire Emblem Fates?

#21: Yay, right!

#19: Boo, wrong!

#21 Yay!! :D

#19 Aw. :(