By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 29th September 2018, Software

Holy shit PS4 version of Fifa outsold the switch version 25:1 and the digital split probably favors the PS4.

It outsold the xbox version by over 4:1 which is crazy good for Sony.

Spiderman insane legs and is approaching 5m fast. 10m including digital is a possibility this year.

NBA PS4 over a million.

Tomb Raider PS4 version almost a million.

5.5m PS4 SW this week. The closest is Xbox with 1.5m. That's insane SW dominate with the total now up to 570m. We will cross the 600m mark this holiday. The PS4 is on fire.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Fifa 19 is up which is good. NBA 2k18 is also up a lot... although sales are still quite low. Hopefully some other sports games will make their way over. Would love to be able to play Madden at a tailgate.

Hopefully TWEWY had good digital sales. It was probably a low budget title, and it's a remake of a niche title, but still... yikes. Those numbers don't give a lot of hope for the franchise's future, but honestly, I don't know if the game needs a sequel. The game tells a lovely and complete story.

Valkyria chronicles selling best on Switch is a good sign for the Switch's third party future.

Hopefully Marvel takes note of Spider-man's sales, and invests in some quality AAA titles instead of focusing on mobile games.

Regarding TWEWY, it's just the sales of Japan! for America and Europe and the rest of the world the game was released on October 12. However, I do not have much hope for their sales, days before the launch, people were making all kinds of excuses not to buy it.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Also, yowch at Valkyria Chronicles 4 sales on Xbox One; less than 10k and barely in the top 75 on its opening week.

Fighter Z's sales in Switch were 40% higher than those of Xenoverse 2 in Switch in its first week! however, I have doubts that the game has the same legs of Xenoverse 2! hope so!

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

JWeinCom said:

Hopefully TWEWY had good digital sales.

What is TWEWY?

Around the Network

Kart and GTA continue to impress. Unfortunately, this certainly means no Kart 9 anytime soon. On the GTA 5 front, I wonder what will happen to sales post RDR2 launch.

VAMatt said:
JWeinCom said:

Hopefully TWEWY had good digital sales.

What is TWEWY?

The World Ends With You

alejollorente10 said:
JWeinCom said:
Fifa 19 is up which is good. NBA 2k18 is also up a lot... although sales are still quite low. Hopefully some other sports games will make their way over. Would love to be able to play Madden at a tailgate.

Hopefully TWEWY had good digital sales. It was probably a low budget title, and it's a remake of a niche title, but still... yikes. Those numbers don't give a lot of hope for the franchise's future, but honestly, I don't know if the game needs a sequel. The game tells a lovely and complete story.

Valkyria chronicles selling best on Switch is a good sign for the Switch's third party future.

Hopefully Marvel takes note of Spider-man's sales, and invests in some quality AAA titles instead of focusing on mobile games.

Regarding TWEWY, it's just the sales of Japan! for America and Europe and the rest of the world the game was released on October 12. However, I do not have much hope for their sales, days before the launch, people were making all kinds of excuses not to buy it.

I'm aware, but even for just Japan, those are really low sales.  For comparison the original sold about 80K week one.  Of course, that had no digital.  That's not going to make up the difference but hopefully it makes things a little closer.

curl-6 said:

Valkyria Chronicles 4's Western opening charts best on Switch, did not expect that given the franchise's established roots on Playstation.

Apparently the game did release some weeks back on PS4 in Japan. So this is first week only for US and europe for PS4.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

Valkyria Chronicles 4's Western opening charts best on Switch, did not expect that given the franchise's established roots on Playstation.

Apparently the game did release some weeks back on PS4 in Japan. So this is first week only for US and europe for PS4.

I'm aware of that. Even if you count only Western sales for both, Switch still charted ahead.