By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Youtuber Banned For Viral RDR2 Video

John2290 said:
Faelco said:

Wait, you lost me here. Who are you talking about? Cocktoe?

I didn't have any issue with Cocktoe. I answered 'Why? That's ridiculous" to his first comment (which was the point of his comment actually, yes). And then I kept talking to Sizzle about the implication of politics in the debate, with no personal issues or salt involved in any way.

Cocktoe didn't get banned because of his initial joke, he got banned because of backseat moderation when he said "You should be banned" (even if that was a joke, it surely got too far for the mods). He got banned while I was writing my answer to Sizzle, I didn't even see his message before the ban. I still have no idea why you decided to pick on me here. There was absolutely no personal debate and "you're full of salt and surrounded by fear mongers" kind of stuff before you decided to complain to me.

Maybe I should habe formatted that better. I have no issue with this topic in general besides COKTOE ban, nothing to do with you. 

Your messages telling me that I'm "overly sensitive to political issues and it shows", "surrounded in life or in media by fear mongers", that my "salt will eventual turn to bitter ash", and "be careful" certainly sounded like you had an issue with me... Even though I said myself that IMO, what Cocktoe said wasn't worth a ban.

Around the Network

When killing hundreds of outlaws doesn't matter but killing one woman and everybody goes insane.

Then you know something is wrong with modern politics/society.

HintHRO said:
When killing hundreds of outlaws doesn't matter but killing one woman and everybody goes insane.

Then you know something is wrong with modern politics/society.

I'm sorry to tell you, but men have been deemed expendable by society for a long time. It's all the male privilege, you see .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Heard his account was restored. Thank god, after the Game and Watch thing, my faith in humanity was already near an all time low for the week.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

VAMatt said:
At the end of the day, this temporary ban greatly multiplied dude's reach. So, good for him.

Now he can become the next Alex Jones.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Faelco said:

This is stupid, for sure, especially cheering for that kind of thing. I'm not defending that in any way, don't worry.

The thing disturbing me is the way Cocktoe reacted, with basically "he should be tortured, castrated, killed", because "he did that to a feminist". The guy doing the videos should surely be put in a mental asylum because he clearly has psychological issues, but in my opinion it would be the same if he did the videos about any other kinds of people. Yes, the videos got more views because "feminist", but it doesn't change the fact that it would be wrong even with another kind of victim. "That guy should be banned because his videos showed a fucked up violence", yes. "That guy should be banned because his videos showed a fucked up violence on a feminist", no.

Coktoe was clearly joking. Look at his avatar. Coktoe is a nice person. He does not deserve to be banned, especially for three days, for sarcasm that while not funny was so inherently obvious.

Rip Coktoe, you will be resurrected in three days like our lord and savior Jesus Christ. 

I don't know about the ban, but I don't think he was clearly joking. It's not obvious he was joking at all.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Let the video out. It's just crazy video game silliness.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I get the feeling that YouTube's actual problem (assuming this wasn't just the action of an over-zealous moderator who's since been overruled by their bosses) was more to do with the people in the video's comments who were advocating actual acts of violence against real-life feminists. Though banning the account of the guy who posted the video instead of just, for instance, forcibly disabling comments on the video was about the dumbest possible thing they could have done.

0D0 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Coktoe was clearly joking. Look at his avatar. Coktoe is a nice person. He does not deserve to be banned, especially for three days, for sarcasm that while not funny was so inherently obvious.

Rip Coktoe, you will be resurrected in three days like our lord and savior Jesus Christ. 

I don't know about the ban, but I don't think he was clearly joking. It's not obvious he was joking at all.

Hs avatar is literally Liam Neeson punching a Suffragette 

Ironically he had it way before this controversy  

need more safe spaces.