By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Youtuber Banned For Viral RDR2 Video

COKTOE said:

I can't even....There's nothing funny about that. No matter the context. I think, if a dude put up a video on youtube where a man is punching not only a woman, but a feminist, he should be castrated with electricity.

That's way too extreme. 

Around the Network

Google nowadays is run by a bunch of soyboys.

jason1637 said:
COKTOE said:

I can't even....There's nothing funny about that. No matter the context. I think, if a dude put up a video on youtube where a man is punching not only a woman, but a feminist, he should be castrated with electricity.

That's way too extreme. 

I just watched the video, and not only is he making a comedy video that depicts a man punching a feminist, but the woman he punches is a suffragette. He should be publicly castrated with electricity to set a proper example. I don't even know if anybody has ever had their nuts destroyed by electricity, but this guy deserves it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

Why? Why does the political views of the victim impact the situation in any way? You're fine with games in which you kill hundreds of people, but punching a feminist is a monstrosity? That's ridiculous. 

Faelco said:
COKTOE said:

Why? Why does the political views of the victim impact the situation in any way? You're fine with games in which you kill hundreds of people, but punching a feminist is a monstrosity? That's ridiculous. 

It's just wrong. Wrong and sick. Start out at a lower power. Let his screams wash over those attending his disciplining. Especially the children. Then ramp it up until his until his testicles  E-X-P-L-O-D-E. If he passes out, inject him with cocaine to keep him awake. You've got to be pretty fucked in the head to think what that idiot youtuber did was acceptable, let alone funny.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

It's definitely not due to a single video. He has uploaded multiple videos of violence against them..like feeding them to alligators, getting them hit by a train etc.

At the end of the day, this temporary ban greatly multiplied dude's reach. So, good for him.

Faelco said:
COKTOE said:

That's being super disingenuous. This wasn't about simply punching an NPC, it was about videos that showed the repeated murder and torture of this one NPC because she wanted her right to vote, a suffragette. He labeled her a "feminist" in his titles, and the videos got popular from the toxic sludge that spilled in to view and comment. Not to mention YT had the video constantly popping up in their recommendations, which started drawing the firestorm. Not saying the videos should have been taken down, but what he was promoting could have possibly been against the TOS. This probably could have been avoided if not for the inflammatory titles.

COKTOE said:
Faelco said:

It's just wrong. Wrong and sick. Start out at a lower power. Let his screams wash over those attending his disciplining. Especially the children. Then ramp it up until his until his testicles  E-X-P-L-O-D-E. If he passes out, inject him with cocaine to keep him awake. You've got to be pretty fucked in the head to think what that idiot youtuber did was acceptable, let alone funny.

The video is surely not funny (I didn't even watch), but what you describe is a lot more fucked up.

Basically every kind of people imaginable has been killed in games already. You even have games like Civilization in which you nuclear bomb billions of people, but you draw the line at "feminist". In my opinion, this mentality is just wrong. "You can torture, mutilate, kill anyone except this kind of people I chose" is wrong. 

RJ_Sizzle said: 
Faelco said: 

That's being super disingenuous. This wasn't about simply punching an NPC, it was about videos that showed the repeated murder and torture of this one NPC because she wanted her right to vote, a suffragette. He labeled her a "feminist" in his titles, and the videos got popular from the toxic sludge that spilled in to view and comment. Not to mention YT had the video constantly popping up in their recommendations, which started drawing the firestorm. Not saying the videos should have been taken down, but what he was promoting could have possibly been against the TOS. This probably could have been avoided if not for the inflammatory titles.

My point is: What if he did the exact same videos about, let's say, a sheriff? Or a local bartender? It would be just as disgusting and the same kind of unacceptable behavior. But no, some people think that It's wrong because "she's a feminist". It's wrong because of the actions, not the political stance of the victim. This is a messed up point of view.

Last edited by Faelco - on 07 November 2018

Faelco said:
COKTOE said:

The video is surely not funny (I didn't even watch), but what you describe is a lot more fucked up.

Basically every kind of people imaginable has been killed in games already. You even have games like Civilization in which you nuclear bomb billions of people, but you draw the line at "feminist". In my opinion, this mentality is just wrong. "You can torture, mutilate, kill anyone except this kind of people I chose" is wrong. 

RJ_Sizzle said: 

My point is: What if he did the exact same videos about, let's say, a sheriff? Or a local bartender? It would be just as disgusting and the same kind of unacceptable behavior. But no, some people think that It's wrong because "she's a feminist". It's wrong because of the actions, not the political stance of the victim. This is a messed up point of view.

Let's be real. It would not have gotten the same attention regardless. People were watching and cheering the video on simply because of what she was, a woman that wanted some basic civil rights. For some gamers, they feel this is something that calls for a fate worse than death for some reason.