By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favourite game with a Meta below 75, and why

NieR, which has a metacritic of 68. One of my favourite game during PS3 era.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

PS2's KillZone. Definitely flawed game but damn! So many little things in it that makes it an all-time favorite of mine!

Dude you rock! I really love this game. I wish the sequels hadn’t walked away from what made it unique.

Gothic 3 or Hogs of War come to my mind but there are so many more.

Ar tonelico 1 + 2 , Atelier Iris 1 + 2 + 3 , Mana Khemia 1 + 2

On the PS2 are all just below the 75 mark on metacritic.... and heavily under valued / rated I feel like.

Now that I think about it.... not just on the PS2.... lateron games from Atelier series dont get great scores, but their all amasing games.

Legend of Dragoon as others have mentioned stands out by alot though.
That game is heavily underrated on metacritic without a doubt.

Its as if metacritic doesnt give JRPGs a fair shake imo.
Alot of them dont get the scores they should get, I think.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 04 November 2018

Resident Evil 5 on PS3 recieved an 84 while the PS4 version recieved a 69 *giggity* Some 'reviewers' are just plain weird. What did they expect out of a PS3 port? lol

I've played both versions and I didnt notice anything difference at all, and if there was something then it mustve been something very minor that even I dont remember. Still one of the best local coop experience i've played to this day.

Around the Network

Remember Me or P.N. 03. Guess I'm a sucker for nice female leads.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
KLAMarine said:

PS2's KillZone. Definitely flawed game but damn! So many little things in it that makes it an all-time favorite of mine!

Dude you rock! I really love this game. I wish the sequels hadn’t walked away from what made it unique.

I've never played the sequels, back then the ps3 was $600 or so so I couldn't. Would have played KZ2 alongside Resistance as well.

Every Megaman Battle Network game.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/ms-saga-a-new-dawn

I love this game, i also started watching gundam.

It would take me a long time to find which game I like actually scored below 75. Instead I tend to like games that younger people think suck for some reason, even though they were extremely popular when first released. For example people call Zelda 2 the "black sheep" game, but I remember it being so popular that it sold out for a couple of months when it was first released. They would have given Zelda 2 a 96-97 Metacritic back in the day, but today people might rate it below 75.