By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 43 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - October 22-28, 2018

melbye said:
Switch is basically in a calm before the storm, just wait and see

Yep, the next two weeks will be pretty boring but after that will be huge for the rest of the year

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Even with Smash and Pokemon bundles releasing on the same day, I can see the switch only being flat/slightly down compared to last year for that reporting week. Switch sales with Super Mario Odyssey and its next three weeks sales totaled 358k...assuming that the next two weeks switch stays at 37k (most likely not) and for November 16 we have a 200k+ week, that still leaves it down ~44k for the same time last year.  The final 6 weeks in 2017, switch total a little over a million.

Train wreck said:

Even with Smash and Pokemon bundles releasing on the same day, I can see the switch only being flat/slightly down compared to last year for that reporting week. Switch sales with Super Mario Odyssey and its next three weeks sales totaled 358k...assuming that the next two weeks switch stays at 37k (most likely not) and for November 16 we have a 200k+ week, that still leaves it down ~44k for the same time last year.  The final 6 weeks in 2017, switch total a little over a million.

Even if with that week Switch being flat, second half of November and hole December will easily be much stronger than last year in any case.

Very good first week for Red Dead Redemption 2!

Black Ops 4 and Spider-Man continue with strong legs!

Miyamotoo said:
Train wreck said:

Even if with that week Switch being flat, second half of November and hole December will easily be much stronger than last year in any case.

Especially considering that the only reason the switch only sold 7 mil worldwide last holiday is because you couldn't find the damn thing, which puts off a lot of potential holiday present buyers.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Anybody else find it amusing that XBO is currently the only platform up YoY?

Yeah o noticed that too and found it funny. It will stay that way for a few weeks yet 

Great start for Red Dead Redemption II. Spider-Man showing decent legs. Trails of Cold Steel 4 almost out of the top 20, I heard the game does not have good word of mouth because they focused too much on the harem aspects.

Minecraft is just a beast.

Meh hardware sales  can't wait for the holidays.

Poor PS4 hardware, good software. Mario Party hanging in there at #3

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

TheBraveGallade said:
Miyamotoo said:

Especially considering that the only reason the switch only sold 7 mil worldwide last holiday is because you couldn't find the damn thing, which puts off a lot of potential holiday present buyers.

If I recall Switch didnt had any stock problems last year in West in October-December period, but there were still some stock problems in Japan.

This is from 17. November of last year

https://kotaku.com/its-fall-and-the-nintendo-switch-is-still-selling-out-i-1820538204

Miyamotoo said:
TheBraveGallade said:

If I recall Switch didnt had any stock problems last year in West in October-December period, but there were still some stock problems in Japan.

This is from 17. November of last year

https://kotaku.com/its-fall-and-the-nintendo-switch-is-still-selling-out-i-1820538204

Some stock problems are still some stock problems.

Esp. when this thread is about Japanese sales