By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 13 October 2018

DonFerrari said:
Another week of health lead, but Switch is still selling well and preparing for holidays.

But seeing the 800k revision of PS4 numbers it's possible that several of the weeks Switch outsold PS4 actually didn't happen. The PS4 lead increased to 2.6M so it is getting a little harder for Switch to end the year in first.

Err, several of the weeks Switch outsold PS4 ? :)   maybe 2 weeks in August according to VGC ?  In the Global, I mean.

It's possible that Switch never outsold PS4, not even in a single week.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Skeeuk said:

over 300k - shocking.

ive a feeling ps4 beats switch this black friday and xmas

PS4 will likely take Black Friday & November as a whole, but Christmas?

Official data from Sony/Nintendo has PS4 at 3 million from Dec 3 to Dec 31 while Switch did 3 million from Dec 10 to Dec 31.

PS4 should be down YoY like it has been all year while Switch should be up so Switch likely takes December.

I think PS4 will take everything this Holiday season.  Just my guess.  Switch cannot compete in the software department, mostly the AAA multiplatform games.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

It's like everything I've ever been told is a lie.

Incredible numbers! PS4 can't be stopped! $199 PS4 would be unfair to the competition lol.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
kazuyamishima said:
Considering that possibly the Ps4 BF bundle will consist on a 1tb slim Ps4 plus spider man for $199 I really can see the winner for 2018 contest already.

I don't even think we'll see a $199 standalone model, let alone bundled with one of the hottest games of the year. 

theres a supposed leaked spiderman bundle 199 from wallmart

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
zorg1000 said:

PS4 will likely take Black Friday & November as a whole, but Christmas?

Official data from Sony/Nintendo has PS4 at 3 million from Dec 3 to Dec 31 while Switch did 3 million from Dec 10 to Dec 31.

PS4 should be down YoY like it has been all year while Switch should be up so Switch likely takes December.

I think PS4 will take everything this Holiday season.  Just my guess.  Switch cannot compete in the software department, mostly the AAA multiplatform games.

Than why did it win last December?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

I don't even think we'll see a $199 standalone model, let alone bundled with one of the hottest games of the year. 

I've been reading some articles about Black Friday predictions and most of them seem to think we wont be getting as big of discounts for the base models of PS4 or XBO but instead they will focus on discounting the Pro/X models.

I hope so,

I want a pro.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

zorg1000 said:
Nate4Drake said:

New console.  

This Holiday Season Sony have more powerfull AAA titles to bundle, and more margin on Hardware revenue and can be even more aggressive. You will see.

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
zorg1000 said:

New console.  

This Holiday Season Sony have more powerfull AAA titles to bundle, and more margin on Hardware revenue and can be even more aggressive. You will see.

New console is such a lame reason, like sales are just going to all of a sudden plummet because this is its 2nd holiday.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Nate4Drake said:

New console.  

New console is such a lame reason, like sales are just going to all of a sudden plummet because this is its 2nd holiday.

While I agree that it is not that great of a reason. It is true though the Switch was still fairly new and had its first holiday season. I will say this Nov is a toss up but for Dec I am leaning more towards the Switch because that is usually the strongest month for Nintendo consoles and with Smash and Pokemon the Switch SHOULD see some very strong sales....it is already up YoY. Now if Sony does a $199 Ps4 bundle for Dec then that would be the only thing that would give them an edge imo.

Regardless both are looking to have a very good holiday season. I am excited lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23