By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Quarterly Results (July-Sep) 2018, PS4: 3.9M (LTD: 86.1M). Year Ending Sales Revised Upward to 17.5M

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

There are 8..... unless you aren,t counting Death stranding.

Bloodborne, The Order, Horizon, Detroit, Days Gone, Ghost of, Death Stranding.....that's 7

Dreams and Until Dawn are also new Sony IP's, which are pretty big.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
zorg1000 said:

Bloodborne, The Order, Horizon, Detroit, Days Gone, Ghost of, Death Stranding.....that's 7

Dreams and Until Dawn are also new Sony IP's, which are pretty big.

I wasnt sure if those classified as "big" based on the person who originally claimed it lacked big games, I figured those probably would be considered mid-tier to them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Spiderman? Thats a new IP exclusive from sony too. 

Idk how I feel about calling a franchise with over a dozen games in ~20 years a new IP.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

Spiderman? Thats a new IP exclusive from sony too. 

Idk how I feel about calling a franchise with over a dozen games in ~20 years a new IP.

Its kinda like how Bayonetta became a "new" IP for nintendo the second it became exclusive to their platform. 

I was just waiting for this date since Ps3 ended its run on a bumpy road last generation.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Its kinda like how Bayonetta became a "new" IP for nintendo the second it became exclusive to their platform. 

I suppose, I didnt really consider Bayonetta a new IP though when it made it's way to Nintendo.

I guess this is besides the point though, we both agree Sony does a great job of releasing new IP.

bongkeydoner said:

and none of that money went to a new studio investment good luck waiting for big games again for 3-5 years on ps5 lifecycle

Manlytears said:
bongkeydoner said:

and none of that money went to a new studio investment good luck waiting for big games again for 3-5 years on ps5 lifecycle

You can feel his pain.

bongkeydoner said:

PM sent ~ CGI

Bait.