By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Quarterly Results (July-Sep) 2018, PS4: 3.9M (LTD: 86.1M). Year Ending Sales Revised Upward to 17.5M

Intrinsic said:
bongkeydoner said:

and none of that money went to a new studio investment good luck waiting for big games again for 3-5 years on ps5 lifecycle

Lack of Game output and Playstation should never go in the same sentence.

And if there is one company that doesn't need to be investing in new studios its sony. Kinda weird you don't know that but know how to spell "new studio".  

Ya I'm not sure what his definition of "big games" are but I dont think Sony has had any problem with their output of "big" 1st/2nd party titles on PS4.

Killzone: Shadowfall

InFamous: Second Son

Bloodborne

The Order: 1886

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Horizon: Zero Dawn

God of War

Detroit: Become Human

Spider-Man

Days Gone

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

The Last of Us II

That's not including the dozens of small-medium titles like LittleBigPlanet, Knack, Ratchet & Clank, Gravity Rush, Vita/VR/PSN titles, etc.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It would be nice to have more AAA games in the first 2 years yes but Sony wants them to sell well and PS4 isnt like the Switch nor will every 1st party game sell like Zelda, Smash, and Mario Odyssey. They will definitely have some cross gen titles. Days Gone, Dreams, Final Fantasy 7R, TLOU2 will all probably be cross gen. Hope to see Bloodborne 2 as well. And maybe a HZD, GoW2 sequel. So many options. But the one big I dont like from them is the censorship. Thats why Sony stoodout more because they didnt take crap. And now these new policies are wack.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

Lack of Game output and Playstation should never go in the same sentence.

And if there is one company that doesn't need to be investing in new studios its sony. Kinda weird you don't know that but know how to spell "new studio".  

Ya I'm not sure what his definition of "big games" are but I dont think Sony has had any problem with their output of "big" 1st/2nd party titles on PS4.

Bloodborne

God of War

Spider-Man

Days Gone

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

The Last of Us II

That's not including the dozens of small-medium titles like LittleBigPlanet, Knack, Ratchet & Clank, Gravity Rush, Vita/VR/PSN titles, etc.

Whats even cooler is that 8 of those 13 games you listed are new IPs. And thats something I don't think sony gets enough credit for.

In comparison, only new IP MS has made this gen is QB, Sunset OD, and that thing with a girl and a robot dog. And the only New IP nintendo has made in almost 8yrs is Splatoon. 

I'm talking AAA games here.

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Bloodborne

God of War

Spider-Man

Days Gone

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

The Last of Us II

Whats even cooler is that 8 of those 13 games you listed are new IPs. And thats something I don't think sony gets enough credit for.

In comparison, only new IP MS has made this gen is QB, Sunset OD, and that thing with a girl and a robot dog. And the only New IP nintendo has made in almost 8yrs is Splatoon. 

I'm counting 7 new IP in that list but ya I get your point.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

There are 8..... unless you aren,t counting Death stranding.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Bloodborne, The Order, Horizon, Detroit, Days Gone, Ghost of, Death Stranding.....that's 7

Noobie said:
Sony has upped the the year ending (April 2018 to March 2019) forecast to 17.5 million from 17.0 million
From Era
  • Full game software is up from last year (75,1M vs 69,7M)
  • PlayStation Plus subs are up to 34.3M (was 33.9M last quarter)
  • 9,2M PS4 shipped between january and september 2018
  • PS4 LTD : 86,1M
^ nothing new here and some data is already outdated, but I think this is first time they added that info in "Supplemental Information..." doc (I maybe wrong though)[/QUOTE]
Overall Sony is in very healthy state, apart from Mobile Division

really great work you have done for this thread👍

Upped to 17.5m from 16m. I'd say it will surely hit 18m+ now. Sony are being too humble with their forecast.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

Bloodborne, The Order, Horizon, Detroit, Days Gone, Ghost of, Death Stranding.....that's 7

Spiderman? Thats a new IP exclusive from sony too. 

Kerotan said:
Upped to 17.5m from 16m. I'd say it will surely hit 18m+ now. Sony are being too humble with their forecast.

I think 18M+ is the real target as well.