By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q2 Report - Switch hardware total 22.86 millions - 50% of Online Users paid for the year

Second quarter had better numbers then I expected.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Do we know any new million seller that we didn't know about already?

They've mentionned 3 million seller 3rd party titles during Q2. One is obviously Octopath, but 2 aren't named. 

I was thinking of Crash and Fifa 19

Miyamotoo said: 
And why you reply to post where we talking about world wide sales? He gave world wide sales numbers, same as I. You having nerve to say that someone else dont understand context.

SKMBlake said:
Yeah no you can't say "NPD numbers" then "WW numbers" then "only in the US", you're deliberatly creating confusion

I've been criticizing quickrick myself but in this thread you are indeed taking his comments out of context. He was attacked in this thread for his previous comments about Switch losing momentum and Switch not necessarily outselling Xbox One's lifetime sales. But you "forgot" to mention that he was specifically talking about the US when he made those claims. If you don't want him shifting between NPD and worldwide numbers, then don't drag those numbers in here from other (in this case NPD) threads without including the context. Of course he's going to reply about NPD numbers when those numbers are in question.

With that said, I don't see Switch losing momentum or being flat yoy. 3.19 mill in a slow quarter without any system sellers is good.

SKMBlake said:
jason1637 said:
Yeah it's not hitting that 20m forcast.

Why not ?

I don't think it will sell ~15m from October to March.

jason1637 said:
SKMBlake said:

Why not ?

Winter is coming... And Nintendo sales are the White 

Walkers.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
SKMBlake said:

Why not ?

I have faith in the Fortnite bundle

Darwinianevolution said:
Do we know any new million seller that we didn't know about already?

Other than Octopath, no.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Replicant said:
Miyamotoo said: 
And why you reply to post where we talking about world wide sales? He gave world wide sales numbers, same as I. You having nerve to say that someone else dont understand context.

SKMBlake said:
Yeah no you can't say "NPD numbers" then "WW numbers" then "only in the US", you're deliberatly creating confusion

I've been criticizing quickrick myself but in this thread you are indeed taking his comments out of context. He was attacked in this thread for his previous comments about Switch losing momentum and Switch not necessarily outselling Xbox One's lifetime sales. But you "forgot" to mention that he was specifically talking about the US when he made those claims. If you don't want him shifting between NPD and worldwide numbers, then don't drag those numbers in here from other (in this case NPD) threads without including the context. Of course he's going to reply about NPD numbers when those numbers are in question.

With that said, I don't see Switch losing momentum or being flat yoy. 3.19 mill in a slow quarter without any system sellers is good.

Yeah, you are probably right.

SKMBlake said:
jason1637 said:

I have faith in the Fortnite bundle

The PS4 and XBO also have official Fornite bundles.

Software sales over the quarter:

Mario Kart 8 DX: + 1.36 million (10.35m to 11.71m)
Super Mario Odyssey: + 1 million (11.17m to 12.17m) [not mentioned in the report as a million seller this quarter?]
Zelda: Breath of the Wild: + 960,000 (9.32m to 10.28m)
Splatoon 2: + 710,000 (6.76m to 7.47m)
1-2 Switch: + 190,000 (2.45m to 2.64m)
Mario Tennis: Aces: + 780,000 (1.38m to 2.16m)
ARMS: + 90,000 (2.01m to 2.10m)
Kirby Star Allies: + 210,000 (1.89m to 2.10m)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: + 270,000 (1.4m to 1.67m)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: + 110,000 (1.42m to 1.53m)

Combined Labo sales out of the top 10, it seems, putting it below 1.53 million units across 3 packs. Based on current sales trends, expect three of these games to drop out by January, with Super Mario Party, Pokemon and Smash entering the top 10. My guess would be Xenoblade 2, DK and ARMS drop out.