By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q2 Report - Switch hardware total 22.86 millions - 50% of Online Users paid for the year

SKMBlake said:
quickrick said:

thats one thing i been wrong on  and i changed my prediction like a year ago to flat. since then i been mostly right on my predictions and 3 for 3 on my bets.

The problem is that your predictions are very vague. Like right now you said "the sales will be similar to last year". If I recall, the Switch sold 15,04 last fiscal year, so you could say you were right if it sells 16,5 millions by the end of the fiscal year, because it's similar from a certain point of view.

a million more is pretty similar to last year ok a ww scale its better but by much.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Megiddo said:

I mean, I don't think that can be argued at all. It's down YTD from last year where it was supply constrained for nearly that entire period.  Switch is losing momentum since it had such a long period with very little in terms of big game sellers apart from its evergreen titles. Switch had a ton of momentum last year and it has lost quite a bit. Of course, it could easily ramp back up the momentum with a huge holiday season but that doesn't mean that momentum wasn't lost for the first 10 months this calendar year.

Wrong, its up YTD compared to last year:

-January 2017. -September 2017: 7.63m

-January 2018. - September 2018: 7.99m

If you want to compared only FY that makes much more sense because last year Switch did not had January and February sales while had launch in March:

-April 2017. -September 2017: 4.89m

-April 2018. -September 2018: 5.07m

When we here talking about momentum we talking about sales, you cant lose momentum in any case if you have similar or in this case better sales compared to last year.

it doesn't have better sales then last year on npd its just shipped slightly more cause of supply issues last year.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, one little weaker month compared to same month last year is loosing momentum? This numbers prove you were wrong, and Q3 (holiday season) compared last year can be only better.

How much is on shelves doesn't change anything, we talking here about very clear numbers, you cant spin around shipped numbers in any case.

it was  down 2017 vs 2018 and will be even worse in October, when the system was supply constrained in 2017. npd numbers are way more clearer as were talking about sale through and not shipments. 

Switch is up YOY global in any case, it seems that October will be stronger for Switch than it was last October in NPD sales. You cant have more accurate numbers than official Nintendo numbers in any case when you comparing shipped numbers of Nintendo hardware, but even if talk about NPD numbers little weaker September compared to lasts years September, don't change anything, you cant say that some console is loosing momentum and that such a small difference based on only one month. Nintendo official numbers proves you are wrong.

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wrong, its up YTD compared to last year:

-January 2017. -September 2017: 7.63m

-January 2018. - September 2018: 7.99m

If you want to compared only FY that makes much more sense because last year Switch did not had January and February sales while had launch in March:

-April 2017. -September 2017: 4.89m

-April 2018. -September 2018: 5.07m

When we here talking about momentum we talking about sales, you cant lose momentum in any case if you have similar or in this case better sales compared to last year.

it doesn't have better sales then last year on npd its just shipped slightly more cause of supply issues last year.

NPD is not hole world.

So ... is the Switch undertacked by about 2 million, or are these shipped numbers?

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

NPD is not hole world.

well my comment was based on the US only and it was in a Npd thread so you do understand the context right? then there is nothing to discuss.

Kristof81 said:
So ... is the Switch undertacked by about 2 million, or are these shipped numbers?

Shipped

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

NPD is not hole world.

well my comment was based on the US only and it was in a Npd thread so you do understand the context right? then there is nothing to discuss.

And why you reply to post where we talking about world wide sales? He gave world wide sales numbers, same as I. You having nerve to say that someone else dont understand context.

Like I wrote, even if talk about NPD numbers little weaker September compared to lasts years September, don't change anything, you cant say that some console is loosing momentum and with such a small difference based on only one month. Nintendo official numbers proves you are wrong.

No numbers for Mario Kart 8D?

Flilix said:
No numbers for Mario Kart 8D?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Quarter: 1.36 million units
LTD: 11.71 million units