By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Classic Full Games Lineup Revealed

Acevil said:

I am thinking about canceling my preorder that is pretty meh list. Namely when Playstation has such huge amazing library.

Like where is: Tomba? Legend of Dragoon? Sony actually owns these titles. Also so many of these I rather it be the sequels instead of the title they chose.

Add: The Japan version of the device would have been instant buy. 

Does Sony own Tomba?

Around the Network
Finale said:
There's weirdly a lot of things missing on that list. No symphony of night,crash,spyro, a lot of decent jrpg's, only one resident evil, no tomb raider etc.
I know we can't please everyone, but i really think this list is lacking weight. But that's just me.

On the bright side, the original persona is an expensive game to get these days, so it's nice there's a way to get it today.

All the jrpgs are on the Japan version.

think-man said:
Acevil said:

I am thinking about canceling my preorder that is pretty meh list. Namely when Playstation has such huge amazing library.

Like where is: Tomba? Legend of Dragoon? Sony actually owns these titles. Also so many of these I rather it be the sequels instead of the title they chose.

Add: The Japan version of the device would have been instant buy. 

Does Sony own Tomba?

To the best of my understanding yes. They published it world wide and I believe like Alundra, for publishing it, they got to own the IP. 

Japan's RPG heavy list looks much better to me. This is going to be a definite pass for me.

I hated Battle Arena Toshinden so much, I actually bit the disc in half. Crazy because it got like a 98% in my favorite gaming magb at the time.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
think-man said:

Does Sony own Tomba?

To the best of my understanding yes. They published it world wide and I believe like Alundra, for publishing it, they got to own the IP. 

interesting, I'll have to look this up :)

think-man said:
Acevil said:

interesting, I'll have to look this up :)

Another surprise title missing is Gran Tusimo (another sony owned title), which was the most successful PS title if I recall right? 

It didn't matter if they included the entire ps line up or not I was never buying this. Cool for whoever likes it but between my ps4 and ps3 I actually own every single classic ps1 game i like. Some even remastered in the case of crash trilogy and spyro but i also own the ps1 versions on my ps3. Hogs of war and mgs1 the others but mgs1 will probably be remade in future too. So pointless but there are many gamers who will find this useful for themselves or as a gift.

Persona definitely got my attention.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

d21lewis said:
I hated Battle Arena Toshinden so much, I actually bit the disc in half. Crazy because it got like a 98% in my favorite gaming mag at the time.

What did you hate about it?