By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wolfenstein II visual improvements on Switch between versions 1.1 and 1.2

Looks like they managed to optimise quite a bit. Not bad!
Perhaps I should choose this one to play as my next FPS. I'm currently playing Perfect Dark Zero and once I'm done with that I'll need a shooter that's actually good.

Around the Network

I'm glad that this game got a face-lift, as it was one of the blurrier titles on the system (with good reason). Hopefully we get a holiday deal on this one.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Amnesia said:
I will wait the analysis of Digital foundry because I don't trust this video. The left image which is supposed to show the game's quality at first release seems downgraded a lot already, to emphasis the difference with the right.

The footage on the left is from Digital Foundry's videos.  In fact, it is from the high quality Patreon release of their videos.

I'm impressed and also disappointed since I already finished the game (I couldn't stop playing it, the story was way too good) and sold it so I couldn't play with these improvements.

Shiken said:
ResilientFighter said:
If you have a switch and another console get it on the other but if you only have the switch this improvement is nice. Not having the forst game and DLC available on switch is a bummer though :(

Well no, I have a Switch and a PS4 Pro.  I benefit from the portbility of the Switch and have no regrets passi g kn the PS4 version to get it on Switch.  There is more to it than just visuals when you decide what version to get in this case.

There's also the matter of motion controls. I'd rather play this version in sub-HD and 30fps with gyro aiming than at 1440p/60fps without it.

Around the Network

The level of difference is kinda like SD->HD. Nice.

Looks a lot less muddy which is great and bodes well for future games on the Switch