By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wolfenstein II visual improvements on Switch between versions 1.1 and 1.2

Nuvendil said:
ResilientFighter said:

Well that is a horrible decision in my opinion as the framerate resolution and textures all are much higher on the ps4 pro and the price is much lower. Portability on a small screen for a FPS is not as enjoyable as playing mario and zelda. You may benefit more with FPS games later on when the new switch model is released that possibly will have 1080p and a bigger screen though. 

Everyone's life is different

And I would say it depends on the shooter.  Wolf 2 I am iffy on but Doom plays great in handheld.  It's about the way it plays more than the genre and Doom lets you be pretty loose.

I love the switch but multiplats will always be bought on ps4 for me i like 65 inch tvs for gaming while in my home and dont have time while outside to play the switch on breaks. The price tag is another huge factor as well :p

Quality price > portability in my opinion 

Around the Network
ResilientFighter said:
Shiken said:

Well no, I have a Switch and a PS4 Pro.  I benefit from the portbility of the Switch and have no regrets passi g kn the PS4 version to get it on Switch.  There is more to it than just visuals when you decide what version to get in this case.

Well that is a horrible decision in my opinion as the framerate resolution and textures all are much higher on the ps4 pro and the price is much lower. Portability on a small screen for a FPS is not as enjoyable as playing mario and zelda. You may benefit more with FPS games later on when the new switch model is released that possibly will have 1080p and a bigger screen though. 

Who are you to basically tell this guy that he is wrong? I own a pc & Switch yet I get everything on Switch. Portability is Major.

JSG87 said:
ResilientFighter said:

Who are you to basically tell this guy that he is wrong? I own a pc & Switch yet I get everything on Switch. Portability is Major.

why are you picking a fight bud? I posted my opinion first and he quoted me so I responded. So I am a person with a voice thats who I am.

Well, its a lot less blurry. Probably stays at 480p and north of that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Metallox said:
They included a pair of contact lenses in the latest update.

I get it.

Around the Network

I really wanted to get this one for Switch. But when I went to the store, they had the PC version for friggin' 10 bucks! I just couldn't justify spending 60 € on the switch game. Especially since my PC is a laptop and so it is... uh... somewhat portable... =D

I'll probably won't buy it again, as I didn't enjoy the game too much. But anyway, I still find it amazing that they were able to fit this game on the switch!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I will wait the analysis of Digital foundry because I don't trust this video. The left image which is supposed to show the game's quality at first release seems downgraded a lot already, to emphasis the difference with the right.

Wow it looks really good now. Might pick this up if i see it cheap enough

ResilientFighter said:
Shiken said:

Well no, I have a Switch and a PS4 Pro.  I benefit from the portbility of the Switch and have no regrets passi g kn the PS4 version to get it on Switch.  There is more to it than just visuals when you decide what version to get in this case.

Had I not bought it for Switch, I would have just not played it.  Between Persona 5, DB FighterZ, Monster Hunter World, Assassin's Creed, and now BO4, my TV time has been claimed.  However since I was interested in Wolf 2 to an extent and I have downtime at work, the Switch version was the perfect version for me.  It was literally 30 fps with scaled down res vs Zero FPS with 0p.

Again, your life is not everyone else's.  These different versions exist for a reason and there is no shame is buying the Switch over PS4 version if it suits your situation better.  When not being closed minded about the world around you, it is a very simple concept to grasp.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

at this point i wouldnt be surprised if Nintendo just bough Panic Button and tasked them assisting in all future ports.