By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wolfenstein II visual improvements on Switch between versions 1.1 and 1.2

Wolfenstein II received a new 1.2 update out of the blue last month. Bethesda didn’t really go into much of the details, but as it turns out, quite a few visual improvements were made. This also includes a better frame rate as well as higher textures and image resolution.

Here’s a video comparing versions 1.1 and 1.2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWT6L4353Pk

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

If you have a switch and another console get it on the other but if you only have the switch this improvement is nice. Not having the forst game and DLC available on switch is a bummer though :(

Yeah, massive improvement.

ResilientFighter said:
If you have a switch and another console get it on the other but if you only have the switch this improvement is nice. Not having the forst game and DLC available on switch is a bummer though :(

Well no, I have a Switch and a PS4 Pro.  I benefit from the portbility of the Switch and have no regrets passi g kn the PS4 version to get it on Switch.  There is more to it than just visuals when you decide what version to get in this case.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I saw that the swastikas got replaced on the banners. Did that happen in all versions after some complaints lol?

Pretty good effort there. Wonder if they delayed the game a couple months would they of had enough time and know how up their belt to release it like that.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
I saw that the swastikas got replaced on the banners. Did that happen in all versions after some complaints lol?

Pretty good effort there. Wonder if they delayed the game a couple months would they of had enough time and know how up their belt to release it like that.

They compared a North American version to a German version I think. Germany doesn't allow swastikas in games that are released there.

They included a pair of contact lenses in the latest update.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Wow that’s a lot sharper!

Shiken said:
ResilientFighter said:

Well no, I have a Switch and a PS4 Pro.  I benefit from the portbility of the Switch and have no regrets passi g kn the PS4 version to get it on Switch.  There is more to it than just visuals when you decide what version to get in this case.

Well that is a horrible decision in my opinion as the framerate resolution and textures all are much higher on the ps4 pro and the price is much lower. Portability on a small screen for a FPS is not as enjoyable as playing mario and zelda. You may benefit more with FPS games later on when the new switch model is released that possibly will have 1080p and a bigger screen though. 

ResilientFighter said:
Shiken said:

Well that is a horrible decision in my opinion as the framerate resolution and textures all are much higher on the ps4 pro and the price is much lower. Portability on a small screen for a FPS is not as enjoyable as playing mario and zelda. You may benefit more with FPS games later on when the new switch model is released that possibly will have 1080p and a bigger screen though. 

Everyone's life is different

And I would say it depends on the shooter.  Wolf 2 I am iffy on but Doom plays great in handheld.  It's about the way it plays more than the genre and Doom lets you be pretty loose.