Which version do you play

Nintendo Switch with toys 4 21.05%

Nintendo Switch without toys 12 63.16%

PS4 with toys 0 0%

PS4 without toys 2 10.53%

XBox One with toys 0 0%

XBox One without toys 1 5.26%

Total:19

Prediction: Nobody on VGC bought this game on non-Switch consoles.

Around the Network

For a new IP that price point is keeping me away from buying this, especially when you look at the other toys to life brands all of which died off over the last 2 years, the prices of those figures went from being 50e to 5e to 50c in a matter of months, I couldn't justify spending 100e on the deluxe edition knowing that the price could drop 2 decimal points if the brand doesn't take off and in all honesty, after Ubisoft milks this for all they can over the holiday season I predict the game and its accessories quickly find themselves heading towards the bargain bin where I will pick it up.

It does look nice, but you always have to consider how much real estate a game like this will take up inside a game store, shops just aren't going to dedicate an entire aisle to this type of game again, not the way they did for Skylanders and Disney infinity especially not for a new IP with no brand behind it (even the Lego game had a chance because it was Lego based)

I could be wrong with this, but the track record of the genre and the Ubisoft doesn't seem to suggest to me a title which will hold that insanely high price tag for very long.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

GoOnKid said:

Yeah, that Fox-inclusion is very enticing. It is interesting, Ubisoft and Nintendo turned exclusive side-content into a purchase-decision. The game isn't exclusive, but I can easily see the Switch-version outsell the others combined.

Ganoncrotch said:
For a new IP that price point is keeping me away from buying this, especially when you look at the other toys to life brands all of which died off over the last 2 years, the prices of those figures went from being 50e to 5e to 50c in a matter of months, I couldn't justify spending 100e on the deluxe edition knowing that the price could drop 2 decimal points if the brand doesn't take off and in all honesty, after Ubisoft milks this for all they can over the holiday season I predict the game and its accessories quickly find themselves heading towards the bargain bin where I will pick it up.

It does look nice, but you always have to consider how much real estate a game like this will take up inside a game store, shops just aren't going to dedicate an entire aisle to this type of game again, not the way they did for Skylanders and Disney infinity especially not for a new IP with no brand behind it (even the Lego game had a chance because it was Lego based)

I could be wrong with this, but the track record of the genre and the Ubisoft doesn't seem to suggest to me a title which will hold that insanely high price tag for very long.

Yeah, maybe. As I said, I got the physical starter for FOx and Arwing, but playing with the stuff was nothing I prefer. But you can buy a digital version. Anyways, your conclusion about falling prices might come true.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I want to pick this up but don't care for the figures. Is there a non-toy version?

I saw footage of this game and really wanted it. I've been at work for about 45 minutes and I relieved a guy who worked night shift. He asked me what new games I've been playing. I told him I had Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, and I just pre-ordered Red Dead 2. He said, "Man, I've been playing that Star Link".
My reply was "What the heck is Star Link!?"

I forgot the game was coming out and I even forgot what the name of it was! I've even seen this thread and didn't think twice about it. I guess I have to get it soon--after checking out a review or two.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I saw footage of this game and really wanted it. I've been at work for about 45 minutes and I relieved a guy who worked night shift. He asked me what new games I've been playing. I told him I had Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, and I just pre-ordered Red Dead 2. He said, "Man, I've been playing that Star Link".
My reply was "What the heck is Star Link!?"

I forgot the game was coming out and I even forgot what the name of it was! I've even seen this thread and didn't think twice about it. I guess I have to get it soon--after checking out a review or two.

It's not the greatest game in the world, but it's kinda fun and you can sink time in it. It has the typical addicting 'just one more thing' stuff going on. Just get one more outpost for your alliance, fight one more legion extractor, raid one more outlaw hideout.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

mZuzek said:
KLAMarine said:
I want to pick this up but don't care for the figures. Is there a non-toy version?

Only digital, as far as I know (I don't know much, though).

cycycychris said:
KLAMarine said:

The digital version doesn't require the figurines. Plus the digital version comes with a lot more content for less money than the physical version.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/starlink-battle-for-atlas-digital-edition-switch

Digital it is then... Really large file size though, argh!

KLAMarine said:
mZuzek said:

Only digital, as far as I know (I don't know much, though).

cycycychris said:

The digital version doesn't require the figurines. Plus the digital version comes with a lot more content for less money than the physical version.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/starlink-battle-for-atlas-digital-edition-switch

Well, physical you don't really save, the game had a gigantic day one patch of 6GB.

Mnementh said:
KLAMarine said:

Well, physical you don't really save, the game had a gigantic day one patch of 6GB.

Helps make the purchase easier. Will buy next chance I get.

GoOnKid said:

i am waiting to buy it on xbox, no toy. saving for RDR2, money is tight with xmas coming up. plus black friday isnt far off, maybe a great deal then as well.