Nintendo Switch with toys 4 21.05%

Nintendo Switch without toys 12 63.16%

PS4 with toys 0 0%

PS4 without toys 2 10.53%

XBox One with toys 0 0%

XBox One without toys 1 5.26%

Total:19
d21lewis said:
I saw footage of this game and really wanted it. I've been at work for about 45 minutes and I relieved a guy who worked night shift. He asked me what new games I've been playing. I told him I had Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, and I just pre-ordered Red Dead 2. He said, "Man, I've been playing that Star Link".
My reply was "What the heck is Star Link!?"

I forgot the game was coming out and I even forgot what the name of it was! I've even seen this thread and didn't think twice about it. I guess I have to get it soon--after checking out a review or two.

It's not the greatest game in the world, but it's kinda fun and you can sink time in it. It has the typical addicting 'just one more thing' stuff going on. Just get one more outpost for your alliance, fight one more legion extractor, raid one more outlaw hideout.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
KLAMarine said:
I want to pick this up but don't care for the figures. Is there a non-toy version?

Only digital, as far as I know (I don't know much, though).

cycycychris said:
KLAMarine said:
I want to pick this up but don't care for the figures. Is there a non-toy version?

The digital version doesn't require the figurines. Plus the digital version comes with a lot more content for less money than the physical version.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/starlink-battle-for-atlas-digital-edition-switch

Digital it is then... Really large file size though, argh!

KLAMarine said:
mZuzek said:

Only digital, as far as I know (I don't know much, though).

cycycychris said:

The digital version doesn't require the figurines. Plus the digital version comes with a lot more content for less money than the physical version.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/starlink-battle-for-atlas-digital-edition-switch

Well, physical you don't really save, the game had a gigantic day one patch of 6GB.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
KLAMarine said:

Well, physical you don't really save, the game had a gigantic day one patch of 6GB.

Yup, I had to go to work and once I was back the updated finalized itself. You can still play the game in the mean time though :)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mnementh said:
KLAMarine said:

Helps make the purchase easier. Will buy next chance I get.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

Prediction: Nobody on VGC bought this game on non-Switch consoles.

i am waiting to buy it on xbox, no toy. saving for RDR2, money is tight with xmas coming up. plus black friday isnt far off, maybe a great deal then as well.

I'm trying to beat a few games before I get this.... Hoping to buy it when it goes on sale, but from what I've seen, this game looks like a lot of fun.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Game is really fun. Got the Switch version obviously and really am surprised how well Fox and company fit into the storyline and the game. I've found this game surprisingly addicting because I want to liberate all planets and destroy all Legion inhabiting that planet. So to do that you have kill all legion main towers and eliminate their forces and build your own bases, I find that super fun.

Battling giant Arch Primes(giant legion monsters) is also fun, especaily when you're able to call in Peppy,Slippy or Falco to help you.

When you don't have planet legions to conquer and beat, you'll have a ton of outlaws and bases to fight and beat in the space as well.

Lots and lots to do in the game, I'm roughly 20hrs into it and still havent completed the Star Fox missions or even the main story yet because I keep getting side tracked

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Did Starlink bomb sales wise I have not heard anything about the numbers it did. I actually thought the game looked okay but the whole toys to life aspect of the game was a bad choice.

edit: never mind sure Ubi lost fare amount on this one

Last edited by Werix357 - on 29 January 2019

I enjoyed it from start to finish. Not into toys to life, but luckily the digital version plays like a regular game with all the content out of the gate.

I suggest people buy it, and buy digital for the best experience.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261