By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22 September 2018

Japan. The dead pixel in the beautiful big screen tv preventing it from truly being beautiful.

Around the Network

Is this FIFA week?

Kerotan said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yeah, that's what I said. 

Sucks about the declining birth rates .... 

Probably for the best. Japan is over populated and so is the world. 

wut, that does not make any sense at all..

If anything its cities that are overpopulated but definately not the world nor countries... just the infrastructures that are not yet been made for the amount but thats just that they did not forsee how big cities could get

PS4 with a steady Week over week increase! Very Nice! The Switch....this is the calm before the storm. Holding steady! Xb1 is meh and 3ds not bad! Sept was a very good month for the PS4 and I am excited about Oct! It will be a very interesting month!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Kerotan said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

If only Japan was as big of a market as EU ... that'd be interesting. We'll see how heated things get when the Switch mini releases. 

If the population of Japan was equal to Europe's population, Japan would be doing crazy numbers. 

aye, Switch numbers would be in the 100k+ in Japan like EU for Sony it looks like

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Because people were talking about it, this is what this week would look like if Japan had the population of Europe:

PlatformN. AmericaEuropeJapanGlobal
56,909 55,727 218,029 356,502
63,430 104,194 94,525 303,054
43,308 29,859 636 84,787
19,892 16,409 41,016 80,253
26 149 15,738 16,013

So the Switch is currently at 7,5 millions sold this year, and there is still 7 weeks before Pokémon/Smash/New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, so we can predict it will be around 8,7/9 by the third week of november, and then, if it sells around 7/8 millions from Pokémon to new year, sales will be around 16-17 millions. And around 3 millions from January to March, which would make it around 20 millions. Minus the (I suppose) 2.5 millions sold from january to march 2018, sales would be around 18 millions, which fall short from the 20 millions Nintendo expects to sell.

But in any case, 30 millions LTD by the end of the year doesn't seem too unrealistic.

SKMBlake said:

So the Switch is currently at 7,5 millions sold this year, and there is still 7 weeks before Pokémon/Smash/New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, so we can predict it will be around 8,7/9 by the third week of november, and then, if it sells around 7/8 millions from Pokémon to new year, sales will be around 16-17 millions. And around 3 millions from January to March, which would make it around 20 millions. Minus the (I suppose) 2.5 millions sold from january to march 2018, sales would be around 18 millions, which fall short from the 20 millions Nintendo expects to sell.

But in any case, 30 millions LTD by the end of the year doesn't seem too unrealistic.

You are comparing shipped vs sold.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Sony is making huge profits :o

COKTOE said:
Kerotan said:
Ps4 stretching the lead over xbox and switch by 50k and 140k this week. No slowing it down with BO4 and RDR2 coming soon.

Yep. They are stretching that gap. And delivering large volume, high velocity streams of software.

It's going to be an interesting fight between Switch and PS4 to see who takes the 2018 crown.

I don't see how. The PS4 i currently around 2M ahead of the switch in 2018 so far. The switch will need PS4 sales to pretty much grind to a halt over the next 2 months to stand a chance.