By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Favourite Developers

- IO Interactive
- Sucker Punch
- Sandlot
- Rockstar North
- Housemarque
- Ryu ga Gotoku Studio

I could easily stuff 14 more to fit the limit. That's good though. So many honorable mentions. Like Arkane. I loooooved Dishonored, but haven't played part 2, and their overall catalog is pretty small. Or all the devs I know are great, but haven't experienced in years. Like Nintendo EAD, or From Software. May add more, but happy with those six.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 16 October 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Naughty gods
Insomniac
Guerrilla
Santa Monica

From Software
Rocksteady
Naughty Dog
Square Enix
Platinum Games
Kojima Studios
Capcom

EA Black Box

Just wanted to leave that here. Most others of my favourites have already been mentioned. But EA Black Box should not be forgotten, after all they made the best Need For Speed title ever (Most Wanted 2005) as well as the best skating game ever (Skate 2).

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

From Software for now.

It used to be Capcom, Squaresoft and Nintendo.

Around the Network

I would also like to shout out Criterion games, makers of the burnout series. They also saved the need for speed series from collapsing with black box mediocrity, with hot Pursuit and Most Wanted. Too bad now that EA axed most of the studio, and now only a skeleton crew remains for assistance for dice. Tell you what EA, Criterion in its prime was way better than dice will ever be.

EA had two great racing series, then they completely abondoned one, and riidled the second one with always online/lootboxes.

Another shout out team ico. Put out two masterpieces in the ps2 gen. That reminds me, I havent got around to last guardian yet.
Polyphony digital from 1998-2005 was god tier as well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Daughty dog
Paradox interactive
Level 5
Firaxis
From software

1) Blizzard Entertainment (Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo)

2) Valve Corporation  (Half Life, L4D, Portal)

3) Nintendo (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox)

4) Rare (Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Conker)

5) 343 Industries (Halo)

6) Moon Studios (Ori)

7) Relic Entertainment (When they made Homeworld)

8) Subset Games (FTL, Into The Breach)

Last edited by Azzanation - on 19 October 2018

Nintendo
Blizzard Entertainment
Squaresoft (or Square Enix if I have to, preferred the Squaresoft years)
Capcom
Naughty Dog
Retro Studios
Rare
Santa Monica Studios
Konami (for historical reasons, fuck current day Konami)
Insomniac
Namco
Valve (when they used to make games)

Signature goes here!

Naughty Dog
From Software
Rockstar Games
Namco
Santa Monica Studios
Guerrilla Games
Insomniac
CD Project Red