By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Party (Switch) - Metacritic: 77 (47 critics) - Opencritic: 79 (38 critics)

zippy said:
Megiddo said:
Seems like a solid entry. Good stuff. 4 boards makes me think they'll be going the DLC route. Hope it's not too exploitative if that's the case.

I think Nintendo will continue the same model they have for other recent games, by adding free content like in Splatoon 2, Arms, Kirby and Mario tennis

Well, to be fair, Nintendo is taking different routes for different games. Zelda, Pokken and Xenoblade got paid DLC, and Mario Kart no DLC at all. And Splatoon which you listed had a mix of free DLC and paid one.

I think though Mario Party is a good candidate for free updates and even some online events. It may or may not also get a bigger paid DLC later like Octo Expansion.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
ResilientFighter said:
mysteryman said:

Which games are more important?

so far I have purchased 
Mario Kart
Bayonetta 2 with 1 as bonus
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Pokken Tournament DX
Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu
Smash Bros

next will be
Mario Odyssey
Zelda
Kirby
Donkey Kong 

You don't have Zelda? You don't have Xenoblade? Yeah, you have more important games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

JRPGfan said:
kopstudent89 said:
78 for Mario Party?! BLASPHEMY

Its not a genre I enjoy.... I suspose there must be others out there like me.
Im surprised its gotten so many 9 & 8's out of 10s by reviewers.

Yeah, I agree. Does any party game have much higher scores? Seems it is pretty decent for a party game.

I just can't get myself to spend more than about $25 for a party game. So, I guess I'll have to wait a year or two.

I played it a lot last night with my friends, and we all loved it. The so-called low number of boards is one of many game modes.

Around the Network

I am SO excited to play this later tonight after I get home from work. I haven't played a Mario Party game since perhaps #5. We're going to have a family game night tonight that I'm looking forward to. I need to buy an extra set of Joy Cons. Hoping to find the pink and green "Splatoon" colors (putting that in quotes because I'm not sure if they are officially considered Splatoon Joy Cons, but the colors remind me of it).

Picking this up tonight!! Going to be soooo fun!!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
zippy said:

I think Nintendo will continue the same model they have for other recent games, by adding free content like in Splatoon 2, Arms, Kirby and Mario tennis

I don't think so. Each of those games had their content updates announced before launch, naturally as they gotta justify paying full price for an unfinished game.

I don't think that's true for Kirby Star Allies, it's also not true for Super Mario Odyssey.

This game looks great. Definitely going to get it before the end of the year.

So the Switch is my first ever Nintendo console, and I got this game. Can anyone give me an opinion on whether these games are typically worth buying? How fun are they with friends?