By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Party (Switch) - Metacritic: 77 (47 critics) - Opencritic: 79 (38 critics)

What does his comment about this year's Nintendo games being low in quality have anything to do with review scores of previous Mario Party titles? Nintendo fans are just lol .

Around the Network

It looks like a solid entry with decent effort.
I'm not a fan of the Control scheme, but this is what 1, 2 Switch should have been.

Drakrami said:
What does his comment about this year's Nintendo games being low in quality have anything to do with review scores of previous Mario Party titles? Nintendo fans are just lol .

To be fair, this is the second highest rated SMP game in almost a decade just next to SMP N64 which got a 79 on Metacritic and you calling out a fan makes you seem like a fan yourself.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Drakrami said:

Because it's silly to call this game's quality lackluster when it is the best reviewed Mario Party game in the last 19 years. Also is kinda silly to say that if a game didn't hit that one score is immediatelly disapointing, even if the reviews are in fact good.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

CaptainExplosion said:
morenoingrato said:
I'm not a fan of the Control scheme, but this is what 1, 2 Switch should have been.

People are still talking about 1-2 Switch?

Well, it was a crappy game that is among the Switch's top sellers and still sells to this day, so I don't see where your surprise comes from.

Around the Network

That sounds pretty bad too be honest. There are more important games to get before considering this in my wishlist

CaptainExplosion said:
morenoingrato said:

People are still talking about 1-2 Switch?

Even worse.  People are still buying that...    game.

ResilientFighter said:
That sounds pretty bad too be honest. There are more important games to get before considering this in my wishlist

Which games are more important?

The highest rated Mario Party is the 1st one with a 79. I say this game is decently impressive. I think people are just happy that the stupid car mini-game is not in there anymore. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Megiddo said:
Seems like a solid entry. Good stuff. 4 boards makes me think they'll be going the DLC route. Hope it's not too exploitative if that's the case.

I think Nintendo will continue the same model they have for other recent games, by adding free content like in Splatoon 2, Arms, Kirby and Mario tennis