By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 Pro Price cut in Japan

RenCutypoison said:
Sunstrider said:

I've been looking but couldn't find any article about my Asian PS4 Pro model CUH-7106B, is this new or old?

The launch model is 70xx, 71xx are newer SKUs.

The model number is the same as the Battlefront 2 ps4pro SKU, which was launched a year after the PS4pro. It is said the first model's APU tend to heat the RAM, resulting in a overall "warmer" experience (lawl), which could be the reason its fans are louder.

A few sources talk about two different fan manufacturers on the launch model, which could explain why there are so many discrepancies in user experiences.

So mine's the newer model then, it already sounds loud(for God of War and Spider-Man at least), makes me wonder how crazy loud the older model sounds.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Jranation said:
We have been seeing some games not pushing the PS4 as well as we thought. Lets see if the price drop will do the job!

What games? Spider-Man? It was available for 1 day of last week's numbers. Next week could show more of an impact. Outside of that Spider-Man launch week, I can't think of another instance where a PS4 game launched with a widely held expectation of boosting sales in a significant way and was thought to have fallen short of that expectation.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It's a good start, hopefully the regular PS4 will receive a price cut too.

Jranation said:
We have been seeing some games not pushing the PS4 as well as we thought. Lets see if the price drop will do the job!

The PS4 is WELL past the point where new games will direct sales.  So for future references; Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 and any other big game wont push hardware.  Its going to be price and future console replacement.

Train wreck said:
Jranation said:

The PS4 is WELL past the point where new games will direct sales.  So for future references; Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 and any other big game wont push hardware.  Its going to be price and future console replacement.

Didn't God Of War give it a nice boost?

-Went and looked, and it did give hardware sales a nice shot in the arm, and it was just over 5 months ago. It will continue to get more difficult going forward for software to boost hardware sales though.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 01 October 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Yeah I think its about time they did a price cut of the pro and the slim.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Is it worth getting a pro if you already own a regular PS4  without a 4K tv? I’ve read conflicting reports but thinking about getting one regardless of a price cut...

mushroomboy5 said:

Is it worth getting a pro if you already own a regular PS4  without a 4K tv? I’ve read conflicting reports but thinking about getting one regardless of a price cut...

I havent got a 4K TV and I've really loved the improved performance and visuals. So for me it was worth it, but depends on how much you game etc I guess.

Madword said:
mushroomboy5 said:

I havent got a 4K TV and I've really loved the improved performance and visuals. So for me it was worth it, but depends on how much you game etc I guess.

Oh ok so you’d say there was an improvement on a ‘regular’ hd tv? Cool didn’t realize that. (I game enough to make it worthwhile)... might wait and see if this pricecut goes global.

mushroomboy5 said:
Madword said:

Oh ok so you’d say there was an improvement on a ‘regular’ hd tv? Cool didn’t realize that. (I game enough to make it worthwhile)... might wait and see if this pricecut goes global.

As far as I was concerned yes, dont know if it was the placebo effect, but I felt Fallout 4 looked a lot better (and ran better)... and I think this was the same for horizon... but this was a screen thats quite close to me (in my office and not my TV)... but I felt it did improve but now I've normalised to it (and dont play on a standard PS4 anymore).