By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Should Brett Kavanaugh SCOTUS Nomination Continue?

Yes 53 47.32%

No 41 36.61%

Trump should pick a new canidate 18 16.07%

Total:112
deskpro2k3 said:
Machiavellian said:

Wasn't Garland clean enough.  Even the GOP thought he was a good justice but they wanted to pick their own and wanted nothing from Obama.  I notice how people only see political maneuvers from the party they do not support. 

As to energizing the base, I kind of lol at that.  If they were not energized already, I wonder why this would make a difference.  The most vocal isn't always the majority.  At the end of the day, people who vote are going to vote and people who do not probably will not.  I highly doubt this will spur any people who do not vote compared to people that do not.  It will still go along partisan lines as always.

exactly, irrefutable fact. it just shows that the repubs are pro party, and not country.

That is a bit of a strange comment. I mean of course they’d want a judge that is nominated from their side rather than a judge that the dems nominated. How can you fault them for that? That’s literally what either party would do. And of course either party is pro party (or to be more accurate, more focused on their base) and not pro country (else they’d all be moderates and not left/right), that is just the sad truth of American politics these days. The only thing is that now the Repubs are the ones with the power to do so and the Dems are basically trying to stop them by any means necessary (though I feel the dems may have crossed a line here by taking mudslinging to the next level).

Last edited by DrDoomz - on 05 October 2018

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Final-Fan said:

I'll respond to this just in case you really can't see what you're doing.  You said you want the process to drag out and end in the most polarizing possible way.  Even if everything you said about the Democrats was true, they'd still at least be working towards a goal (stopping Kavanaugh).  What's your goal?  Adding more drama to the situation.  You want to taste the bitter tears of those who honestly think Kavanaugh is a terrible candidate.  Pure schadenfreude.  If you can't see this is a toxic attitude, I don't know what you would think is one. 

And the fact that you don't distinguish between "I hate what you are doing" and "I hate you personally" underlines what is wrong with you. 

Lol, I want the process to drag out?  Sorry, but that's the Dems.  If I had my way, we would have already had a confirmation vote on him weeks ago.  Instead, the Dems pulled an 11th hour hail Mary.  All based on accusations without a shred of evidence or corroboration.  Something, that even if they were going to bring up, could have also been done months ago, so it could have been investigated privately.  Something Ford supposedly wanted.  Of course, that's not what Dems wanted.  Nope, delay, delay, delay, with a bunch of public upheaval to gin up their base.  So, you can point that righteous finger right at the Dems if you want to blame someone for adding unnecessary drama and having a toxic attitude. 

You literally said you wanted to drag the process out for the purpose of a "mic drop" which as far as I can see is pure schadenfreude.  Even if, and be sure that I dispute your characterization, but even if your claims about the Democrats were true, they would still at least have some objective to what they are doing above pure "neener neener" knife-twisting.  Which is what you explicitly wished for.  So get the fuck off your high horse. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

One time I was in bad traffic and I changed to an outside lane, but it turned out that the lane was closing. The guy who had been behind me didn't let me back in. I'll never forget the look on his face: he was laughing uproariously—giddy, almost ecstatic to be able to punish me. I thought to myself, what sort of human being takes THAT MUCH pleasure in the downfall of another?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

deskpro2k3 said:

How do you come up with that? The Democrats just wanted the FBI Investigation to have included claims of sexual assault AND Judge Kavanaugh’s youthful drinking and truthfulness under oath.

You do realize the FBI initially turned down looking into the allegation, right?  There wasn't enough proof to warrant an investigation.  The Dems knew this.  Now, after Trump gave them what they wanted, they are kicking and screaming because the FBI turned up exactly what the Reps told them it would, which was the exact same thing the committee found.  No proof whatsoever.

And the timing shows exactly what the Dems wanted.  Otherwise they would have brought it to the committee's attention back in July so this could have been investigated privately .  Instead, they waited til the 11th hour and leaked the story to the press, which caused the calls for a hearing, thus delaying the vote.  Fortunately, we're done with the delays.

Final-Fan said:

You literally said you wanted to drag the process out for the purpose of a "mic drop" which as far as I can see is pure schadenfreude.  Even if, and be sure that I dispute your characterization, but even if your claims about the Democrats were true, they would still at least have some objective to what they are doing above pure "neener neener" knife-twisting.  Which is what you explicitly wished for.  So get the fuck off your high horse. 

Yea, you didn't really comprehend a single thing I wrote, or choose not to.  But, that's ok, cause I don't really care.  Though, I think someone else in this convo is on the high horse.

Machiavellian said:

Wasn't Garland clean enough.  Even the GOP thought he was a good justice but they wanted to pick their own and wanted nothing from Obama.  I notice how people only see political maneuvers from the party they do not support. 

As to energizing the base, I kind of lol at that.  If they were not energized already, I wonder why this would make a difference.  The most vocal isn't always the majority.  At the end of the day, people who vote are going to vote and people who do not probably will not.  I highly doubt this will spur any people who do not vote compared to people that do not.  It will still go along partisan lines as always.

First of all, they were just keeping with the standard set by Dems in '92, who kept 50+ judgeships open so that they could put their guys in when Clinton won the presidency.  You can't set a precedent and then cry when the other side uses it against you.  Second, while I would have preferred that they hold a vote anyway, the truth is he wouldn't have made it through.  And third, and much more important, Garland was just not voted on.  They didn't rake his name and reputation through the mud and accused him of being a serial rapist.

Well, when you piss on one of the founding principles, here being innocent until proven guilty, it seems to wake up a lot of people. 

Whelp, so much for that month long temper tantrum and trying to destroy a man's life with uncorroborated and unproven sexual assault charges.

Looks like after all that, the only folks Brett Kavanaugh raped were the Democrats lol. On top of that, the Republican base is now energized and several Dem senators in red / swing states are extremely vulnerable thanks to this show trial and non-stop smears by Democrats and the media against President Trump's SCOTUS nomination - and let's be real here, this is was it was all about all along. Trump could've nominated Jesus, and Democrats would've questioned his temperament and fitness to serve on the court after he overthrew some tables in a temple one time. I think Jesus was also a lush (his big trick at parties was turning water into wine) and he associated with a prostitute too. Totally unfit to serve!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
One time I was in bad traffic and I changed to an outside lane, but it turned out that the lane was closing. The guy who had been behind me didn't let me back in. I'll never forget the look on his face: he was laughing uproariously—giddy, almost ecstatic to be able to punish me. I thought to myself, what sort of human being takes THAT MUCH pleasure in the downfall of another?

Dude, gotta ask. But what world have you been living in? We have literally entire shows that have comedy bits revelling in Kav’s humuliation. And this is a man that may well be innocent and having ppl trying to ruin his life/reputation/career.

The world is full of human beings that are that way. Hell, that may well be the norm now if the celebs from the left are anything to go by.

jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUmQC5FxDkk&t=143s

Glad to see the democrats have a sane person among them.

I hope Kavanaugh does get the votes and people start to think about what the dems truly represent at the moment.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

Hillary Clinton called half the Country a "basket of deplorables", and yet she was 'supposed to be' the one main individual to represent and cater to all of the people. She should have been President regardless though. Not like she would fade away and become poor because she lost either.

Let's get rid of this false dichotomy first. My disdain for Trump should never be taken for a love of Clinton.  2016 will forever be known as the election with the 2 worst possible candidates ever.

That said, she was running for the Democratic nomination.  There is not the same presumption of impartiality as there is for Supreme Court justices. But if you want to talk about presidential candidates that are not impartial......   You really don't want to go down that road, do you?

It wasn't a jab at you specifically but mostly the left's viewpoint as the media portray's. It's hard to assume the news is wrong, since when they are called 'fake news' they make sure to point out that's totally incorrect. If that is incorrect on an overall scale, then by all means correct me, as you did already based on your own personal stance.

Sure there is. The candidate who seems to be the most impartial is who the Country votes for, a majority, no different than how you would want the most impartial individual confirmed to the Supreme Court. As President your job is to cater to all the people equally, or that's what is supposed to happen, even though we all know that's not exactly the case, just like how we all know some Justices are known to be lefties and some are known to be righties. Also, considering the President themselves choose the nominee, having a heavily biased President would more than likely lead to a more biased pick.

No I don't want to go there, because corrupt vs corrupt is an argument nobody but the most corrupt can win.

NightDragon83 said:
Whelp, so much for that month long temper tantrum and trying to destroy a man's life with uncorroborated and unproven sexual assault charges.

Looks like after all that, the only folks Brett Kavanaugh raped were the Democrats lol. On top of that, the Republican base is now energized and several Dem senators in red / swing states are extremely vulnerable thanks to this show trial and non-stop smears by Democrats and the media against President Trump's SCOTUS nomination - and let's be real here, this is was it was all about all along. Trump could've nominated Jesus, and Democrats would've questioned his temperament and fitness to serve on the court after he overthrew some tables in a temple one time. I think Jesus was also a lush (his big trick at parties was turning water into wine) and he associated with a prostitute too. Totally unfit to serve!

If they nominated a Jesus-like character and the democrats tried in futility to smear this individual, at least the American people would be accepting of the nomination. Kavanaugh displayed his true character and it is unbecoming of an impartial interpreter of the constitution. It's revolting that such an obstreperous, partisan shill is being promoted to such a duty.

Voting is today,seems like it will be 51-49 if votes stay the same,

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick