By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Reroll the dice on your life?

Would you reroll the dice on your life?

Yes 13 24.07%

No 41 75.93%

Total:54

Definitely not. Life certainly doesn't feel that great always, but there's not much room for improvement either. However, there's a lot of room for worse, and some people have it really bad. Sure, rolling might give interesting results, but I'm sure the novelty would wear off quite quickly.

Around the Network

If D&D has taught me anything, do not reroll.

Probably end up getting a 1 and get aborted or something.

But honestly, no. Odds are not in ones favor. There are what 7 billion people in the world. What percent do you truly think are better off than yourself right now?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
vivster said:
I'm a white male in a 1st world country. I already won the lottery. Can only go down from this.

It's sad that being white is still an advantage in first world countries. 

He's from Austria - saying you're white in Europe means about as much as saying you're black in Sub-Saharan Africa -  that is, pretty much everyone is of the same color.

Nah, sounds like too much work

Let's see. Right now, I'm a college senior about to get my Bachelor's degree with a year and half's worth of job experience plus an internship in my interested field of study, I am looking to get full time work to support myself and take my next big steps in becoming independent. I think I'll take those odds.

Around the Network

Okay, if you get to keep your memories, then yes. Absolutely. Are we still born from our parents, or are we born as a random human born somewhere on earth, like a lottery? If random, then no.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

No, the new person wouldn't be me. And it would be a too big loss for the world without me. ;)

Other scenario: you stay the same person but can rewind one time to a chosen point. How far would you rewind? So at which age you would like to fix an important life choice?

No, that sounds awful to me. I actually quite like being me plus I could end up with a terrible life. I would maybe like to go back and change some things in my life though.

Even knowing I have the worst luck, yeah I'd still do it. Even if I end up in a worse place economically, if I get even one person who's a positive influence then I'd say it's worth.

Nah, one life is tiring enough.