By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Reroll the dice on your life?

Would you reroll the dice on your life?

Yes 13 24.07%

No 41 75.93%

Total:54

I would probably re-roll the minute I am about to die. So maybe when I am 85 or so.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
caffeinade said:
Eh, a re-roll wouldn't fix any of my issues.
Life's always going to have its downs and I don't think a simple reset can prevent us from falling into equivalent issues.

Oh, I'm assuming we don't get to keep our memories when we reset, is that the case?

Does your answer change based on if the answer is yes or no? 

Well, if it's a no, then I definitely don't want to. I don't think the memories I have are something I'd contemplate putting a value on, or would be ready to exchange for anything, even if I get a good roll...

On the other hand... If I do have the memories, there's so much I'd be missing, from my old life, that could be depressing...

I'd say yes if I keep my memories and can go back at any time, would be awesome as something to try out XD

Purely on the quality of the roll, I think I've gotten pretty lucky... So, no, not something I'd want to do, regardless :p

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

I usually need 15+ re-rolls in Diablo III to get the stat I want on my items so I wouldn't risk it on something as important as my whole life.

Signature goes here!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
caffeinade said:
Eh, a re-roll wouldn't fix any of my issues.
Life's always going to have its downs and I don't think a simple reset can prevent us from falling into equivalent issues.

Oh, I'm assuming we don't get to keep our memories when we reset, is that the case?

Does your answer change based on if the answer is yes or no? 

It doesn't change my answer.
There's just so much that could go wrong.
No assurance that it'll all work out.

Though everything being said, I'd be tempted to take the jump.
So, how does one roll the dice?
What kind of process do I have to go through to do this.
That may affect my answer.

Oh, and does my body stay here, maybe I'm could meet myself?
Like, would there be two of me?
Would I have never existed, and would I be born at the same time as I was normally, or am I going to have to be born into the world as it is now?
Being born right now, doesn't seem too appealing to me.
At least I was born at a time where I could develop a sense of privacy, and, well awearness of just how messed up the future will be.
I don't think I could perceive the world and future as it is to me currently, if I was born right now.

killeryoshis said:
I would probably re-roll the minute I am about to die. So maybe when I am 85 or so.

Bro that's cheating xD that's just reincarnation 

Around the Network

Nah.
Obviously, my initial roll could have been much better, but I climbed to a position I am happy with and re-rolling is a risk I'd be unwilling to take.

Plus, I suck a rolling dice anyway.

In a heartbeat, i'd rather take the chance on a worse life than living with the kind of social-anxiety that keeps ruining my life

Ka-pi96 said:
dx11332sega said:

Never because I love my life :). If I was same family but as a girl thats the only thing .I dont wanna be raised by another family especially 3rd world which I think outnumber the first world by alot

Its like theres like 3 1st world while theres 10 3rd worlds in that dice no thanks

If that was an option I'd do it in a heartbeat!

But what if you turned into a girl and wanted to be a boy :thinking: 

vivster said:
I'm a white male in a 1st world country. I already won the lottery. Can only go down from this.

Score! As I say, as often as possible: "Beats squatting in the dirt waiting to die of thirst."

I quoted myself there. Just to be clear. It's a tough world.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm a Canadian with a wife, good job, and expecting twins before the end of the year.

I ain't rolling.