Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crossplay coming to Fortnite PS4 Today!

Train wreck said:
HintHRO said:
How am I now supposed to protect myself from inferior Switch and X1 players?!1!!

By sticking to single player games, hence Sony's big push into them.

I wholeheartedly agree. Sony gamers should boycott multiplayer games from now.

Around the Network
iceland said:

You better hope they add crossplay to overwatch 

I would finally be able to beat noble's fraud ass.

A sad day, consumers won.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

gemini_d@rk said:
Now the community need press microsoft for play fortnite without need pay live gold.

That would be nice, but I fail to see why a free game should have access to online free.

If anything, paid games should have free online.

Crossplay is different, it simply doesent isloate platforms. You cant buy your way around that.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Angelv577 said:
I am really surprised sony is considering it.

They have got the gen in the bag already. There reallly is no reason for them not to. 

Just watch when PS5 is released it take sony 4yrs to implement it cause they "wanted to get it right".

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
gemini_d@rk said:
Now the community need press microsoft for play fortnite without need pay live gold.

That would be nice, but I fail to see why a free game should have access to online free.

Crossplay is different, it simply doesent isloate platforms. You cant buy your way around that.

At this point Xbox is the only platform that requires a subscription to play Fortnite.  You don't need PS Plus, you don't need Nintendo Online, but you do need Xbox Live.  Odd man out on it atm.

Neodegenerate said:
Mr Puggsly said:

At this point Xbox is the only platform that requires a subscription to play Fortnite.  You don't need PS Plus, you don't need Nintendo Online, but you do need Xbox Live.  Odd man out on it atm.

True but the fact that pretty much any other title online is going to require Xbox Live regardless makes taking Fortnite out of the pay circle a moot point. Even on PS4 where vast of Free To Play titles do not require PS Plus, odds are you are playing something else that does so you will have it.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Ka-pi96 said:
Boo!

@Sony you're a bunch of spineless cowards! You never should have caved!

Bunch of casuals and people that won't actually even care about it because they can't bitch anymore: they listen.

Crazy hardcore fans claiming for a single thing for almost 20 years: they don't.

Way to go Sony!

forevercloud3000 said:
Neodegenerate said:

True but the fact that pretty much any other title online is going to require Xbox Live regardless makes taking Fortnite out of the pay circle a moot point. Even on PS4 where vast of Free To Play titles do not require PS Plus, odds are you are playing something else that does so you will have it.

Oh I agree, and the fact that Xbox used to hide Netflix behind the gold wall indicates they will never change for Fortnite.  Nevertheless, they are the odd man out and could stand to change their position.

What are the chances to see games like Call of Duty or even Dark Souls to follow this path?