Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Online can improve

TheMisterManGuy said:
d21lewis said:

*logs into Switch app*

*Sees that the only supported game is still Splatoon 2*

Uh... What am I missing here?

Mario Kart 8 DX, ARMS, NES Online, and Mario Tennis Aces all support the app for voice chat. Splatoon 2 is the only game that has an extra service at the moment. 

That's a little better. Wish I'd known! I'd love to have talked smack in MK8. I'm curious what's the difference between Splatoon and the other games, now. Game invites?

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
"Nintendo Switch Online can improve" Understatement of the year. They could've least bothered with resurrecting Miiverse, now that people are paying...

There's a reason why Miiverse was substituted with social networks:
- They get more exposure with people using third party one.
- Responsibility and maintenance falls on those networks.

You are still welcomed to join the VGC Twitter group: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=228237

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

d21lewis said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

Mario Kart 8 DX, ARMS, NES Online, and Mario Tennis Aces all support the app for voice chat. Splatoon 2 is the only game that has an extra service at the moment. 

That's a little better. Wish I'd known! I'd love to have talked smack in MK8. I'm curious what's the difference between Splatoon and the other games, now. Game invites?

Unlike Splatoon 2, those games I listed let you chat with random people, not just those on your friends list. 

I know a more likely scenario: it will not improve. Switch online is literally doing everything worse than the Wii U online service. Where is Miiverse? Friend messaging? Normal voice chat? N64 games? Hell even Wii had N64 games! Nintendo had 1,5 years to come up with a decent online service. Even if Switch online was free it would still be a laughable service.

But since everybody is going to buy it anyway to play Smash, Nintendo will think they did a good job and keep it as it is now.

TheMisterManGuy said:
And yes, you'll get your SNES games in the future too. 

Source?

Around the Network

Offloading the voice chat functionality to our mobile devices frees up additional processing power on the Switch to allow for slightly better performance in our games.

Personally, I almost never use voice chat, but I think Nintendo made a smart move with this one.

reading those forums, I feel like I'm the only one thinking that 20$/year is pocket change. (actually less than that if I use my gold coins)

jenpol said:
reading those forums, I feel like I'm the only one thinking that 20$/year is pocket change. (actually less than that if I use my gold coins)

In my house, we eat cut up hotdogs for lunch and we buy our clothes at J Mart. Twenty dollars could buy a whole lot of ramen. Not just regular ramen, either. I'm talking fancy top ramen!

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

I just want to be able to send messages to my friends... why is that so hard Nintendo?

Signature goes here!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
TheMisterManGuy said:
And yes, you'll get your SNES games in the future too. 

Source?

Historical evidence and logical conclusion.

1. VC on two separate consoles (wiiu reduced but still covered NES/SNES heavily)
2. Classic Consoles (NES/SNES)

The current solution uses the same software as from the Classic Consoles.