By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am sorry but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

So, a lot of gamers actually don't know what animal crossing. To be honest I never play one.

Around the Network

It's like... Harvest Moon with talking animals but no farming or marriage?

Its Animal Crossing. Its about wasting time doing tasks to collect a bunch of stuff and then arranging that stuff as you see fit. The games are built around real time, they change throughout the year to keep you wasting time collecting stuff.

I've played all of them except the Wii game and they're very relaxing, I feel like I shouldn't enjoy them but I do.

Amnesia said:

I am sorry but...I am a monomaniac speedrunner...Which means that I can play 13 years on the same video game serie and ignore everything else almost.

And I feel ashamed to ask this really but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

Is someone able in 4 lines to explain me what it is and convince me that it is really awesome ?

Sounds like a lie to me. Use google and stop wasting our time. Everyone knows how to look up games on YouTube. What a waste of a post. 

It's about migrants. . . . in animal form.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
jrRodney said:

Amnesia said:

I am sorry but...I am a monomaniac speedrunner...Which means that I can play 13 years on the same video game serie and ignore everything else almost.

And I feel ashamed to ask this really but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

Is someone able in 4 lines to explain me what it is and convince me that it is really awesome ?

Sounds like a lie to me. Use google and stop wasting our time. Everyone knows how to look up games on YouTube. What a waste of a post. 

Yeah. We should all just use google and shut down the site. He wants feedback from the community. In 4 lines. You *******. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm an adult. I was an adult when Animal Crossing came out on the Gamecube. There's no reason I should have liked this game. You do chores for other animals, write them letters, shake trees for fruit that you can sell to Tom Nook to pay off your house to get get a bigger house to put furniture in. You dig up fossils and weird droid things and fish and cach bugs to put in your museum.

It's a life simulator with a ridiculously cute theme and it's played in real time. If it's 8 am in the morning where you live, it's 8 in the morning in the game. If it's Halloween, it's Halloween, etc.

You can also play with your family, friends, and roommates on the same console. There's a small competition between yo and these other players, but you can also collect furniture for your girlfriend or roommate and drop it in their mailbox so when they get off work in the real world and boot up the system they'll find your gift in the mail. And it will make their day. It's a weird blend of real life and life sim and it is highly addictive.

It's not for everyone. I wouldn't judge anyone poorly for not liking the game. I'm surprised I do. It's also not a game that you can watch a video of or play a demo of and fall in love. You have to invest yourself in it.

But yeah, it's a fair question to say, "What the f*** is Animal Crossing." But don't believe the posters who say this is a Japanese phenomenon. This game moved DSs. Even the subpar City Folk moved Wiis. And this title on the Switch will move units like you wouldn't believe.

Harvest moon without the farm.

Since I can't count to four ,The games name Animal crossing tells you all you need to know . it's about convincing animals to have cross species sex so you come up with weird creatures to sell , You have to overcome problems like what to do when a 90 ton blue whale having out of water sex with a dolphin suddenly wants to be on top,  and how to solve a problem with a narwhal who's wife wants oral sex but his horn gets in the way, all this in real time.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

A wasted slot in Smash Ultimate :( That's what it is.

Lube Me Up