By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am sorry but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

I am sorry but...I am a monomaniac speedrunner...Which means that I can play 13 years on the same video game serie and ignore everything else almost.

And I feel ashamed to ask this really but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

Is someone able in 4 lines to explain me what it is and convince me that it is really awesome ?

Around the Network

It's like frogger but with cute animals. You have to get them across the road.

It's... Kind of like... I... I don't know actually.

It's a Farmville sort of busy game though on a much bigger scope.

It's 10x more about nothing than Seinfeld. And it's not funny.

Having said that, I have enjoyed it, owning both the GC "original" ( actually an N64 port ), and AC: Wild World on the DS lite.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I still have no idea :)
"farmville"...Sure I heard that name long time ago. The challenge here is that I don't want to just open wikipedia. But I want to have an idea of why a game, which looks like the absolute opposite of God of War, can produce this reaction to an adult :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-8RsYZiXHY

Amnesia said:

I still have no idea :)
"farmville"...Sure I heard that name long time ago. The challenge here is that I don't want to just open wikipedia. But I want to have an idea of why a game can produce this reaction to an adult :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-8RsYZiXHY

I'm going to tell you a secret.

Youtubers use hyperbole and overreaction to garner views. There's no authenticity.

I like to view Animal Crossing as the original mobile game. A ton of random tasks, lots of goofy characters, simple art style. Progression is by the amount of real time that passes. Lots of 'daily' events to do. Its formula as been aped by thousands of mobile games nowadays, but there are still people that have nostalgia for the original.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 18 September 2018

It's a life simulator kinda game. But... instead of living surrounded by people, you live surrounded by antropomorphic animals.

I got this.
Furry bait, life simulator.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
I got this.
Furry bait, life simulator.

Pretty much, or if you want shorten it Furry Sims.