By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am sorry but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

You move in to a randomly generated town consisting of a handful of neighbors. You catch fish and bugs and dig up fossils to make money and eventually pay off the loan on your house. You continue making money and expanding the size of your house, as well as furnishing it. Eventually you have a giant house filled with expensive goodies and a town with maybe a dozen random inhabitants (all animals).

It's addictive.

Edit: Oh, it's worth mentioning that the game runs on a real-time clock system, so if you play on Xmas or Halloween, the game has special events. Shops open and close at certain times of the day, and if you neglect your town, villagers will leave and weeds will sprout everywhere (and cockroaches will take residence in your home).

Around the Network

A hell of a drug.

Amnesia said:

I still have no idea :)
"farmville"...Sure I heard that name long time ago. The challenge here is that I don't want to just open wikipedia. But I want to have an idea of why a game, which looks like the absolute opposite of God of War, can produce this reaction to an adult :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-8RsYZiXHY

And since when do adults only get excited about violent hyper-realistic games such as God of War? Nintendo has a massive adult demographic (9th page), and they're by far the most cartoony, "family friendly" of the big 3.

B O I

A life simulator with humans and anthropomorphic animals that can be more addicting than heroine if you're not careful.

Sorry, serious question, do adults actually play this?

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:

Yep. Especially women.

B O I

Amnesia said:

I am sorry but...I am a monomaniac speedrunner...Which means that I can play 13 years on the same video game serie and ignore everything else almost.

And I feel ashamed to ask this really but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

Is someone able in 4 lines to explain me what it is and convince me that it is really awesome ?

I only need 4 words.

Tis a furry game.

Ha!

Last edited by Zoombael - on 18 September 2018

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Amnesia said:

I am sorry but...I am a monomaniac speedrunner...Which means that I can play 13 years on the same video game serie and ignore everything else almost.

And I feel ashamed to ask this really but...What the f* is Animal Crossing ?

Is someone able in 4 lines to explain me what it is and convince me that it is really awesome ?

I only need 4 words.

Its a furry game.

No, you need four words and an apostrophe.

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Random_Matt said:

Yep. Especially women.

Kinda makes sense.

Sort of like the Sims with cute animals.

I never quite got into it, though I can see how it would be a great fit for the Switch's handheld functionality.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden