Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Animal Crossing will pass 15m on Switch and will be best selling AC game

15m? I think it'll do 25m easily. AC never stops selling one it's out

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
peachbuggy said:

My apologies. I thought it was you that did the "Bold" predictions. I must have mistaken you for someone else :O

OT. Regardless, i agree with your prediction but i feel it could possibly go even higher!

Np, thats Tbone not me. :)

Well I wrote it will pass 15m. :)

Yes it is T bone. Silly me. Sorry for confusing you for him!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

RingoGaSuki said:
15m? I think it'll do 25m easily. AC never stops selling one it's out

I feel the same way. Nintendo would have to screw up hard to stop AC from selling like crazy.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

The hype around animal crossing is just so huge right now so i think it will make it.
There is so much memes online of it now that it makes for free publicity

Switch can be the consoles with moat 10mil+ games. This includes

Switch!!!

Around the Network

While I think this is possible, this time I have to say I think people are over optmistic. Most are saying that it will do it easily, others even saying stuff like 20m+... is quite shocking to me. The majority of sales come from Japan, and so far Switch has been underperforming there compared to the 3DS (and DS obviously). Sure, this can change once games like Smash, Pokémon and NSMBUD hit, but it wouldn't need only that, the game would also need to comfortably surpass their predecessors in Japan, and I think this is quite hard as they usually do 5m+ there, which is already near the high end of what a game can do in Japan.

Other than that, the rest of the world was responsible for "only" about 6m of New Leaf's sales, so it should do 10m+ outside of Japan alone just to be able to surpass 15m. Anyway, I'm positive most of these things will happen, I just don't think it's that clear or easy as some as making it sound.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
While I think this is possible, this time I have to say I think people are over optmistic. Most are saying that it will do it easily, others even saying stuff like 20m+... is quite shocking to me. The majority of sales come from Japan, and so far Switch has been underperforming there compared to the 3DS (and DS obviously). Sure, this can change once games like Smash, Pokémon and NSMBUD hit, but it wouldn't need only that, the game would also need to comfortably surpass their predecessors in Japan, and I think this is quite hard as they usually do 5m+ there, which is already near the high end of what a game can do in Japan.

Other than that, the rest of the world was responsible for "only" about 6m of New Leaf's sales, so it should do 10m+ outside of Japan alone just to be able to surpass 15m. Anyway, I'm positive most of these things will happen, I just don't think it's that clear or easy as some as making it sound.

AC has rising popularity in West also, talking about Japan specifkly, Nintendo games generaly sales better in Japan (and in other markets) then they did on DS and 3DS in same time period, also Switch sales in Japan will really explode when we get price point of around $200, and for end, AC is type of game that will sale hole generation.

15m seems possible, but 20m  is Odyssey and Smash Ultimate territory. The game needs to be pretty different to reach that number.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Never played it so can't say if it's accurate or not

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me