By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy is getting back on Nintendo platform with a bang (8 FF games annouced for Switch), same games coming to XB1/PS4

Hopefully this is a sign that we can possibly get the KH collections on Xbox

Around the Network

you left out Chocobo Dungeon Every Buddy edition and you've also counted X and X-2 as 1 game, those were released on the PS2 months apart if not years and are completely separate games, they actually announced 9 Final Fantasy games in the direct for the Switch, not 7.

Also it's called World of Final Fantasy Maxima!

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Has anyone an idea why they left out FF VIII? It's my favourite...

NobleTeam360 said:
RolStoppable said:

Really? Wouldn't you prefer to be a part of the Nintendo family?

Or else...

No, I just wanna support these on xbox. I actually already have VII, XII, and X/X-2 on PS4. 

You are fighting a losing battle. JRPGs do terrible on Xbox consoles. I am surprised that they are bringing them to Xbox at all at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh6sXRM_yQ

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
you left out Chocobo Dungeon Every Buddy edition and you've also counted X and X-2 as 1 game, those were released on the PS2 months apart if not years and are completely separate games, they actually announced 9 Final Fantasy games in the direct for the Switch, not 7.

Also it's called World of Final Fantasy Maxima!

Final Fantasy X and X-2 were announced as Final Fantasy X/X-2, a doublepack so to speak. I am quite sure that's how the games got re-released on PlayStation as well.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

ResidentToxy said:
NobleTeam360 said:

No, I just wanna support these on xbox. I actually already have VII, XII, and X/X-2 on PS4. 

You are fighting a losing battle. JRPGs do terrible on Xbox consoles. I am surprised that they are bringing them to Xbox at all at this point.

All the more reason for him to buy them on Xbox lol

This reminds me of a couple years ago when PS4 started getting a bunch of Dragon Quest ports and spin offs (DQ 1-3, X, Builders, Heroes 1/2) after years of not being on Sony platforms which led to a major mainline title.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm hearing FFVIII has some legal issue attached to it which is why it's the only one not remastered at all. This is an interesting indicator of SE's future approach as they really want the userbase to catch up on the series, I doubt XV mainline will be ported but I wonder if this indicates VIIR could with it being on UE and the deve team restarting development from scratch earlier this year.

Yup, like I said on another thread, Switch is becoming an RPG haven, really enticed by Crystal Chronicles.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid