By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy is getting back on Nintendo platform with a bang (8 FF games annouced for Switch), same games coming to XB1/PS4

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/13/discover-the-legacy-of-final-fantasy-on-xbox-one/

They are all coming to Xbox too. Maybe this can be added in the opening post if OP wishes to do so.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

This is a historical moment. Nintendo and Square picking up where they left off. It's beautiful.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I'm glad you put all of that in the OP. The games were firing off so fast in the direct, that I couldn't keep track of them all.

Now I want the deets. Which ones will get physical copies and which will be digital only? I would love to see 7, 9, 10, and 10-2 bundled together on one cart.

X/X2, XII and WoFF are only three I think are likely to end up on cartridge.  If they didn't put VII and IX on disc for PS4, there's no chance they are anything but eshop on Nintendo.

As good as this is, why not I-VI? Those aren't the most demanding of games, I'm sure they can port them rather quickly, even if they decide to bring the PSP versions.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'll be getting most of these on xbox.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
As good as this is, why not I-VI? Those aren't the most demanding of games, I'm sure they can port them rather quickly, even if they decide to bring the PSP versions.

I wouldn't be shocked if they happened at some point, but right now they are just catching up with what is available on PS4

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I'll be getting most of these on xbox.

Really? Wouldn't you prefer to be a part of the Nintendo family?

Or else...

No, I just wanna support these on xbox. I actually already have VII, XII, and X/X-2 on PS4. 

Final Fantasy 7 is by far the most exciting of those, IMO.

I would really like to see FF6, 8 and Tactics too (and Xenogears) at some point. IMO, that was Square at their zennith.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I remember saying at E3 that it would be so easy to show support to the Switch with the "easy" ports of the best FF games.

I guess I was just ahead of the curve.2019 will be, for anyone that barely played FF games, a year of RPGs.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Darwinianevolution said:

Probably they will eventually come with the Online service?That would be my guess.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1