By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2019 looks pretty impressive already

You forgot :

-NSMBU Deluxe

-SMT V ??

-No more heroes TSA

PAOerfulone said:
Looks like we have a very good idea of what the Switch’s peak year, in terms of software, could be.

Well for sure since they will have a new smash game that released 3 weeks before the start so it will still be topping the charts.

then we have 2D mario, even if it's a port it will be huge (sad it's not releasing for holiday tho..)

Mainline pokemon game (if it's not delayed)

Animal crossing.. so that's like all the biggest Nintendo IP in the same year.

With all that, probably a price cut in 2019, i can see the Switch doing 25 million sold through. It's doing so well right now full price with no bundles and full price. No major games too... like Octopath did well and MTA too but that's NOTHING compare to what's coming at the end of this year and 2019.

I'm now certain they can ship 20 million this FY and way more in FY 2019.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
2019 looks to be awesome already. But I'm betting that 2020 will be even better.

Yea well i think in 2020 we will see the next Zelda and Mario, atleast + some more risky titles since every major IP will be on switch already.

So it could be the perfect time for Sakurai to work on Kid Icarus or summ. Maybe Eternal darkness? F-zero ? Who knows.

Also, we still haven't seen that Starfox racing game which sounds really promising. I guess they are keeping it for the Video game awards or January's direct.

2019:

- New Mainline Animal Crossing
- Pokemon Gen 8

If they add a price drop to that....
Good lord, the Switch is gonna explode in Japan next year.

Flilix said:

That new Game Freak game also looks pretty interesting. When was the last time they made something else than Pokémon?

I think Jumbo the Badass Elephant for PS4 a couple years ago.

1doesnotsimply

PAOerfulone said:
2019:

- Pokemon Gen 8

Well it's realistic to expect that Switch will have price cut next year.

Around the Network

I mean it's sure the Switch will drop in price a little next year. We will start seeing deals for the BF and maybe the holidays this year i think.
Maybe not a 50$ price cut but maybe like 30$ ? Or like 1-2 Switch (or a game like M+R) + Switch for the same 300$ price tag.

xMetroid said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
2019 looks to be awesome already. But I'm betting that 2020 will be even better.

Yea well i think in 2020 we will see the next Zelda and Mario, atleast + some more risky titles since every major IP will be on switch already.

So it could be the perfect time for Sakurai to work on Kid Icarus or summ. Maybe Eternal darkness? F-zero ? Who knows.

Also, we still haven't seen that Starfox racing game which sounds really promising. I guess they are keeping it for the Video game awards or January's direct.

These are all good points.  I am especially crossing my fingers that Nintendo will drop another Zelda using the BotW engine like they did with Ocarina and Majora.  I would love for Switch to get two great Zelda games in one generation like that.

But even more than this, I am expecting even more third party games in 2020.  A lot of third party companies were just watching carefully at the Switch's launch to see if it would be successful.  They didn't want to back another Wii U.  When they saw the Switch succeeding, they started making games for it.  But original games take time to make.  Right now what we are getting is a lot of ports, because that is all that third parties can bring over quickly.  We are going to see brand new third party games in 2019 (including exclusives) and even more in 2020.  I expect to see a lot more experimental and surprise hits on the level of Octopath Traveler over the next few years.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 13 September 2018

Miyamotoo said:
PAOerfulone said:
2019:

- Pokemon Gen 8

Well it's realistic to expect that Switch will have price cut next year.

That's what I'm saying. By March 2019, it'll officially be 2 years.
The PS4 was at $400 from launch (November 2013) to October 2015, that's just about 2 years.
Although, Nintendo may take longer than that.
The Wii was $250 from launch (November 2006) until September 2009. Almost 3 years. 
So, if anything, I think they might wait until right before the holiday season, where one, if not both of those games, will launch in November and December, much like LGP/E and Smash this year.
If they plan and execute this just right, Holiday 2019 could be shaping up to be Nintendo's biggest holiday season in a very long time.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
xMetroid said:

These are all good points.  I am especially crossing my fingers that Nintendo will drop another Zelda using the BotW engine like they did with Ocarina and Majora.  I would love for Switch to get two great Zelda games in one generation like that.

But even more than this, I am expecting even more third party games in 2020.  A lot of third party companies were just watching carefully at the Switch's launch to see if it would be successful.  They didn't want to back another Wii U.  When they saw the Switch succeeding, they started making games for it.  But original games take time to make.  Right now what we are getting is a lot of ports, because that is all that third parties can bring over quickly.  We are going to see brand new third party games in 2019 (including exclusives) and even more in 2020.  I expect to see a lot more experimental and surprise hits on the level of Octopath Traveler over the next few years.

Well yea like you said, i fully expect exclusives from atleast Ubisoft, Square, Konami and Capcom starting 2019. Ubisoft didn't release much this year exclusively on Switch (except the MR DLC). So i'm sure they will make an even bigger game next, maybe even like a 3D rayman or something.

Also, rumors say Bethesda and Nintendo are in talks for exclusive game or something ? Maybe Bethesda could use Nintendo's IPs and make exclusives for Switch.

I'm buying Mario Bros and whatever the name of the Pokemon game will be. But this is also the time for 3rd party's to start pumping out original content on the Switch. It will be the 3rd fiscal year for the Switch to be on the market, and 2 actual years since the Switch launched, about time for those who didn't initially jump on board (Bethesda jumped on board instantly, and Ubisoft) to start showing off their work that won't be ports of old games.
Like we're seeing Bethesda launch Doom Eternal on all 4 platforms together!, instead of waiting months later like we did for Wolfenstein 2. This is the time for devs to start doing this stuff for a console that was a surprise hit to many of them.