Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 18 August 2018

xMetroid said:
With the new pokemon bundle there is no way Switch won't dominate the holiday seasons (if it wasn't clear already).

You're expecting a $399.99 Switch bundle to dominate the holiday seasons? It'll sell to diehard Nintendo/Pokemon fans and that's about it. There's pretty much zero mass appeal.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

We know that but does Microsoft not care about Europe which btw includes the uk? I highly doubt they don't care despite doing badly this gen. 

Ya I agree and I think Sony cares a lot about Japan.

It goes beyond just caring about a market. Microsoft made a big push for Japan with the 360 in the early stages, needless to say it never paid off. Europe is Sony's territory, I am not sure the Xbox brand will ever succeed there either. I live in Puerto Rico which is a US territory/colony but I guess in terms of video games we are somewhat like Europe lol. The island is mostly PS4. Out of my co-workers and friends. 7 of us have a PS4 only  2 have an Xbox 1, 3 of us have a Switch. When GameStop left the island and the game's were on Sale all PS4 games sold out quickly. There were butt loads of Xbox one games left at bargain price...( I was actually sorry that I didn't own an Xbox one then lol) . 

Megiddo said:
xMetroid said:
With the new pokemon bundle there is no way Switch won't dominate the holiday seasons (if it wasn't clear already).

You're expecting a $399.99 Switch bundle to dominate the holiday seasons? It'll sell to diehard Nintendo/Pokemon fans and that's about it. There's pretty much zero mass appeal.

399? Jesus, Nintendo counting pennies.

PS4 broke the streak!

But dang, is it close..

and the effect of spiderman is starting...

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
xMetroid said:

He didn't say the Pokemon bundle would dominate the holidays, he said the SWITCH would. The pokemon bundle is just a pawn in the bigger scope

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Megiddo said:

He didn't say the Pokemon bundle would dominate the holidays, he said the SWITCH would. The pokemon bundle is just a pawn in the bigger scope

Exactly and with the most likely rumored Smash bundle, Switch should clean up the holiday season nicely between Smash and Pokemon

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Megiddo said:
xMetroid said:

Probably comparable to the 500 Million Limited editions of the PS4 Pro, which started at 499.99$ and the full set coming at a whooping 749.99$. And yet they sold out virtually in Nanoseconds.

The bundle is, just like the Splatoon and Odyssey bundles last year, a limited bundle. I don't know how many of them will be produced, but I'm pretty sure they won't last very long.

As a Sony and Nintendo fan im happy to see both at the top!

Glad PS4 at 1 lol Tbh I was getting of swing switch at number 1

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...