By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 18 August 2018

Megiddo said:
xMetroid said:
With the new pokemon bundle there is no way Switch won't dominate the holiday seasons (if it wasn't clear already).

You're expecting a $399.99 Switch bundle to dominate the holiday seasons? It'll sell to diehard Nintendo/Pokemon fans and that's about it. There's pretty much zero mass appeal.

399? Jesus, Nintendo counting pennies.

Around the Network

PS4 broke the streak!

But dang, is it close..

and the effect of spiderman is starting...

Megiddo said:
xMetroid said:
With the new pokemon bundle there is no way Switch won't dominate the holiday seasons (if it wasn't clear already).

You're expecting a $399.99 Switch bundle to dominate the holiday seasons? It'll sell to diehard Nintendo/Pokemon fans and that's about it. There's pretty much zero mass appeal.

He didn't say the Pokemon bundle would dominate the holidays, he said the SWITCH would. The pokemon bundle is just a pawn in the bigger scope

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Megiddo said:

He didn't say the Pokemon bundle would dominate the holidays, he said the SWITCH would. The pokemon bundle is just a pawn in the bigger scope

Exactly and with the most likely rumored Smash bundle, Switch should clean up the holiday season nicely between Smash and Pokemon

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
xMetroid said:

Probably comparable to the 500 Million Limited editions of the PS4 Pro, which started at 499.99$ and the full set coming at a whooping 749.99$. And yet they sold out virtually in Nanoseconds.

The bundle is, just like the Splatoon and Odyssey bundles last year, a limited bundle. I don't know how many of them will be produced, but I'm pretty sure they won't last very long.

As a Sony and Nintendo fan im happy to see both at the top!

Glad PS4 at 1 lol Tbh I was getting of swing switch at number 1

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

So a virtual tie but now places swapped... the battle is very close for over a month now.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Megiddo said:
xMetroid said:

Yea and we all know the pokemon and Smash fanbase is tiny.