By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Star Fox Footage from Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Slownenberg said:
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Switch version sell the most because of the Star Fox inclusion.

If you want to have an idea of how it's doing, these are its rankings on Amazon in the United States:

PS4: 8,698
XB1: 6,870
NS:    273

Everyone seems to have written the game off except Nintendo fans and that's probably only because the Star Fox inclusion forced people to give it a fair shot.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
wombat123 said:

If you want to have an idea of how it's doing, these are its rankings on Amazon in the United States:

PS4: 8,698
XB1: 6,870
NS:    273

Everyone seems to have written the game off except Nintendo fans and that's probably only because the Star Fox inclusion forced people to give it a fair shot.

Lower number means higher rank, right?

Yeah, the Switch version even hung around the top 50 for a couple of days after the Star Fox reveal.  I don't think the PS4/XB1 versions ever touched the top 100.

I just hope Star Fox doesn't end up going the way of Rayman and Perfect Dark. That would be a catastrophe. It should've been a kid friendly version of Halo, not... this...

just had a pretty lengthy play session on this today. I feel fairly comfortable calling it a star fox game. I don't think iv'e ever played an open world game quite like this either (it being a vehicle shooter and all). Story is fun, characters are memorable, good voice work (i think beast from the 90's xmen cartoon is in this :D ). I got the physical version and the arwing that comes with it is pretty damn nice. AND you don't have to use the toys if you don't want to. I really only have 2 gripes so far. 1. day one download which to me means a physical cart is fairly pointless. I'll sell the cart when i'm done with the game which is too bad. I'm not sure i see a reason for this as the download is only 4gb. 2. the gameplay suffers a bit if you don't want to buy extra weapons. There are alot of elemental weakness on enemies, but you only start the game with 2 elements and getting the others means buying weapons (with real money). Other than that it's a really cool game so far. Oh and the game even has character dialogue during dogfights with little videos in the bottom right just like the OG starfox games. Fox really does fit right in. :)

CarcharodonKraz said:
just had a pretty lengthy play session on this today. I feel fairly comfortable calling it a star fox game. I don't think iv'e ever played an open world game quite like this either (it being a vehicle shooter and all). Story is fun, characters are memorable, good voice work (i think beast from the 90's xmen cartoon is in this :D ). I got the physical version and the arwing that comes with it is pretty damn nice. AND you don't have to use the toys if you don't want to. I really only have 2 gripes so far. 1. day one download which to me means a physical cart is fairly pointless. I'll sell the cart when i'm done with the game which is too bad. I'm not sure i see a reason for this as the download is only 4gb. 2. the gameplay suffers a bit if you don't want to buy extra weapons. There are alot of elemental weakness on enemies, but you only start the game with 2 elements and getting the others means buying weapons (with real money). Other than that it's a really cool game so far. Oh and the game even has character dialogue during dogfights with little videos in the bottom right just like the OG starfox games. Fox really does fit right in. :)

I've been watching Twitch streamers play the game and I'm very surprised with how the game looks...

I really wasn't all that interested in this title but now I really want to pick it up at some point...

Have a nice day...