By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Star Fox Footage from Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Damn it! I'm gonna end up buying this just because of Star Fox aren't I...

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
curl-6 said:

Will probably end up being the best Starfox game since 64, simply cos every Starfox game since then has been deep fried dogshit

I don't even know that the shit was fried.  I some cases, it seemed more like a fresh, steamy pile.  

Good point. There hasn't been a good Starfox game since 1997 in my book.

I really like the inclusion of Star Fox in this, sadly I'm not too interested on the game itself, prefer a on rail arcade style for this type of game, like Zero or Assault. Or quick objectives like 2. Something short and sweet.

Star Fox game that we actually wanted, looking very good.

They say you can actually play the whole campaign as Fox and they even made specific missions just for him. He's far more than just a skin, they basically retooled the game to be a Starfox game on Switch and it looks way better then I ever thought it would after the reveal at E3.

I'll reserve final judgement to when the game is actually out, but so far it looks very promising. Ubi collaborating with Nintendo really seems to produce quality titles.

Around the Network

If there's an Arwing toy, I'm not sure I'll be able to help myself... I'm going to need to buy it!

Mar1217 said:
KLAMarine said:

Never say never.

She's in Smash which is great!

Never.

I'll petition Ubi on their own social media.

Mar1217 said:
KLAMarine said:

If there's an Arwing toy, I'm not sure I'll be able to help myself... I'm going to need to buy it!

I'll admit. I do want the "toy" mostly for collection purpose.

Not everyday you'll see a good Airwing replica to put on your shelf or in this case ... play with it !

Same.

cycycychris said:
KLAMarine said:

There is a toy, plus some cute little statues

That sort of looks like the Arwing I grew up with... Eh, I think I'll take it. The Arwing constantly changes with every installment.

cycycychris said:
KLAMarine said:

That sort of looks like the Arwing I grew up with... Eh, I think I'll take it. The Arwing constantly changes with every installment.

They said in one of there interviews that they slightly altered the Arwing to fit better into the universe of this game. So it'll look a bit different than in previous games. This was actually one of there biggest worries when pitching the Star Fox idea to Nintendo, part of that was partly changing the look to the Arwing/

I see. Hopefully the game is good and does well.

At this point I feel like the game would perform better without the whole "toys to life" gimmick, the market seems pretty burned out on that stuff after Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity, two of which called it quits in the last few years, presumably due to waning consumer interest.

The Sub-FHD resolution really really really sticks out sadly.
So does the pop in... They tried to hide some of that with a few fading tricks.

But it a good technical showpiece of Snowdrop on Switch, kudos to them for that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--