By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Star Fox Footage from Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Mar1217 said:
Pemalite said:
The Sub-FHD resolution really really really sticks out sadly.
So does the pop in... They tried to hide some of that with a few fading tricks.

But it a good technical showpiece of Snowdrop on Switch, kudos to them for that.

?

Do you mean under 720p ? 

As far as I know, it uses dynamic resolution. But I'm definitely expecting 720p rock bottom min. in docked mode.

When it comes to handheld mode, 540p at most time seems to be fair.

He said sub-FHD, as in below Full HD, or 1080p, not sub-720p.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

At this point I feel like the game would perform better without the whole "toys to life" gimmick, the market seems pretty burned out on that stuff after Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity, two of which called it quits in the last few years, presumably due to waning consumer interest.

Well that part of the game is optional.

Yeah but it's still being pitched as that kind of game. Also, the only physical editions I can find in stores around here are starter packs that include all the toys at an inflated price tag, with no option to just buy the game at a normal price.

curl-6 said:

At this point I feel like the game would perform better without the whole "toys to life" gimmick, the market seems pretty burned out on that stuff after Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity, two of which called it quits in the last few years, presumably due to waning consumer interest.

That is quite possibly the case.  Which is a shame since this seems to advance the concept to where it rightfully should have gone ages ago with a more fully realized game and interactivity between toy and game that goes beyond scanning a figurine in.   Seems to be too little, too late for the subgenre perhaps.

curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:

?

Do you mean under 720p ? 

As far as I know, it uses dynamic resolution. But I'm definitely expecting 720p rock bottom min. in docked mode.

When it comes to handheld mode, 540p at most time seems to be fair.

He said sub-FHD, as in below Full HD, or 1080p, not sub-720p.

Indeed.
It just sticks out like a sore thumb on my Quad-HD display, hence the mention... Probably less of an issue on the Switch's 6.2" HD panel though.
Props to them using actual Switch footage.

This is just making me want a StarFox/Lylat Wars even more now, gameplay looks on point.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I just want the land based missions from Assault and coherent storytelling back. Seriously, we had an storyline with Assault... Then Command happened and all hell broke loose...

Nintendo f****d it all up. The idiots...

Around the Network

This is exactly the kind of third party game Switch needs more of (minus the toy element). Love that Ubisoft is bringing this to Switch at the same time, instead of foregoing it or bringing it a year late and downgraded. The world looks awesome, graphics look fantastic, playing as star fox looks cool, hopefully the gameplay is fun! Wouldn't be surprised to see the Switch version sell the most because of the Star Fox inclusion.

The campaign will take about 25 hours to complete. Looking forward to this.

So you don't need to buy the toys in order to enjoy every last bit of the game? I may pick this up, pending reviews.

Keeping an eye on this one

Slownenberg said:
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Switch version sell the most because of the Star Fox inclusion.

I'd be surprised if it didn't.