By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Civilization VI Comes To Nintendo Switch On November 16

That's a surprise. Great game. I yer own Civ 6, might try it on Switch

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I guess these are all Direct games. What is Nintendo going to do with it, now that the 3rd parties are just making the announcements themselves?

Probably air Direct later in any case.

Mnementh said: 
Miyamotoo said: 

Same like Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD. Just for record, Direct inst canceld, its delayed.

Well, they can't show the same direct now, can't they. At least they cannot say: and MegaMan XI demo is available right after this presentation.

Direct isnt leaked, only some announcements leaked, they can also show those leaked announcements or even change Direct and cut those announcements.

Fact is that Direct is delayed not canceled.

Due to the powerful earthquake in Hokkaido, Japan, we have decided to delay this week’s planned Nintendo Direct. We will provide a new time and date in the near future. Thank you for your understanding.

Wow. One of my favourite franchises ever, became portable (good portable). And one day before my birthday, too :)

I just wonder how is it going to look and play on 6.2 inch screen? Also, in docked mode, are we going to be able to use motion controls to simulate mouse?
I just found an interview with game developer Sarah Darney, where they discuss possibility of porting Civ6 to PS4 and XB1, in which she says "no" as quote "we feel that the PC is the platform where Civilization 6 fits the best." I presume it's mainly because of controls. 

Now this is gonna be interesting. I want to know how long the turn time is in long games on big maps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:

I just wonder how is it going to look and play on 6.2 inch screen? Also, in docked mode, are we going to be able to use motion controls to simulate mouse?
I just found an interview with game developer Sarah Darney, where they discuss possibility of porting Civ6 to PS4 and XB1, in which she says "no" as quote "we feel that the PC is the platform where Civilization 6 fits the best." I presume it's mainly because of controls. 

Talking about 6.2" screen, its almost certain it will suport touch controls in handheld mode, same like iOS version of game.

That's great news! Hopefully it's more optimised then the PC version otherwise the Switches CPU (or any current consoles cpu for that matter) could prove quite frustrating when it comes to turn times.

Wonder if it will come to ps4/xbo later.

Also hoping that 4 player multiplayer doesn't mean that you can have less AI civilisations also on the switch version, though that would be one way to get round the turn times.

I thought this must be a gag or hoax. I literally almost posted here yesterday citing Civ VI as a game that would never come to Switch; I don't even see how it will be playable. I've got over 450 hours on PC in it but I haven't even touched the expansions. This is HUGE news ... except I've got to think that there will be an intolerable downgrade to get it working.

Awesome, awesome news. Before ever seeing it on PC, my younger brother and I were first introduced to Civilization on SNES. We played the hell out of that game back in the day. I've played a number of the games in the PC series since (Civ II: Test of Time & Fantastic Worlds, Civ III, Civ IV: Colonization), and even Revolutions on 3DS and Xbox 360. Really looking forward to playing this on the Switch.

With touch screen controls I might actually bite. It's been a while since I've played Civ. Does it support touch screen laptops in the PC version?