By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Civilization VI Comes To Nintendo Switch On November 16

Marach said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Switch's clockspeed is 1 GHz so they must have some sort of optimization. The minimum specs for the PC version are 2.5 GHz CPU speed. 

but it's a port of the IOS version, which run on an ipad air 2. that should be reachable by the switch power with no troubles

Is the iOS version any good? 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Marach said:

but it's a port of the IOS version, which run on an ipad air 2. that should be reachable by the switch power with no troubles

Haven't played the game myself, but from what i've heard it's actually a pretty well made version, not half-assed like most other mobile conversions are.

To the point where they charge $60 even for the Ipad version. Also your Ipad has to be Ipad Air 2 or newer to run it, so you can tell they tried to keep sacrafices to a minimum, and instead just cut out the devices that were a bit too weak.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

peachbuggy said:
Nintendo really needs to get their direct aired ASAP to try to minimise these leaks, otherwise they will have no 3rd party stuff to show!

What do you mean? They will still show these leaks because people must have missed it. Especially to Japanese people since they are recovering from a disaster. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

flashfire926 said:
This feels like this year's version of the Doom/wolfenstein announcement, where it caught everyone off guard. The fact that this will be switch console exclusive (at least for a while) tells me the chances of getting a GTA V port is still there.

Yeah, I also expecting GTAV in some point, its just make to sense porting last gen game thats still most popular 3rd party game even on XB1/PS4 in full handheld mode on Switch, it would be huge.

Marach said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Switch's clockspeed is 1 GHz so they must have some sort of optimization. The minimum specs for the PC version are 2.5 GHz CPU speed. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Marach said:

iOS version of game is full port of PC version, only difference is change UI to fit better touch screen controls.

Whats interesting is that game was removed from CIV official site, that means that game was leaked and it was need to held for Direct, and that we will seeing it in Direct in any case.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
peachbuggy said:
Nintendo really needs to get their direct aired ASAP to try to minimise these leaks, otherwise they will have no 3rd party stuff to show!

What do you mean? They will still show these leaks because people must have missed it. Especially to Japanese people since they are recovering from a disaster. 

I understand the reasons why they have delayed the direct. It's just a shame some of the 3rd parties went ahead and spoilt the shock/surprise factor they could have had if shown in the direct.  Sure, they can still be shown but won't have the surprise value.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

It would be cool if Warlock got ported as well. It's similar to Civilization (from my understanding, I've never actually played Civ) so it should be doable.

I have truly fond memories of Civ III on PC and haven't played one in a while. Really looking forward to this!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

forest-spirit said:
It would be cool if Warlock got ported as well. It's similar to Civilization (from my understanding, I've never actually played Civ) so it should be doable.

Bring all the turn based strategy games! With Age of Wonders: Planetfall and Stellaris recently being announced for PS4/XBO hopefully they could make the jump to Switch also.

Outside of Strategy games the next PC port I'd be looking forward to would be Sims 4.

Barkley said:
forest-spirit said:

Bring all the turn based strategy games! With Age of Wonders: Planetfall and Stellaris recently being announced for PS4/XBO hopefully they could make the jump to Switch also.

Outside of Strategy games the next PC port I'd be looking forward to would be Sims 4.

I'd also like a port of Heroes of Might & Magic III. It's old but it's awsome and needs to be on every device out there!