By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Civilization VI Comes To Nintendo Switch On November 16

peachbuggy said:
Jranation said:

What do you mean? They will still show these leaks because people must have missed it. Especially to Japanese people since they are recovering from a disaster. 

I understand the reasons why they have delayed the direct. It's just a shame some of the 3rd parties went ahead and spoilt the shock/surprise factor they could have had if shown in the direct.  Sure, they can still be shown but won't have the surprise value.

Yeah. Not sure what happened with thecommunication between them and Nintendo. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Barkley said:
forest-spirit said:
It would be cool if Warlock got ported as well. It's similar to Civilization (from my understanding, I've never actually played Civ) so it should be doable.

Bring all the turn based strategy games! With Age of Wonders: Planetfall and Stellaris recently being announced for PS4/XBO hopefully they could make the jump to Switch also.

Outside of Strategy games the next PC port I'd be looking forward to would be Sims 4.

Yeah. People always ask for the big games for Nintendo platforms. But these days big games mostly are shooters or action games. This was different, at times Civilization and Starcraft were the big names in game industry. Publishers are still reluctant to bring shooters and action titles to Switch (except Bethesda), but maybe strategy can be big again. I see already some strategy, also from indies, on Switch. Into the Breach, Bad North, stuff like this. If the big names come too and maybe find again a big customer-base on console - that might be great for this genre and for gamers alike. So I would add: the new Jagged Alliance title, Starcraft 2, Anno.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

forest-spirit said:

I'd also like a port of Heroes of Might & Magic III. It's old but it's awsome and needs to be on every device out there!

Oh, as HOMM3 made the top of my best games list I obviously agree. There is actually a HD-remake with updated graphics that still keep the old style. They could bring that over.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Jranation said:
peachbuggy said:

I understand the reasons why they have delayed the direct. It's just a shame some of the 3rd parties went ahead and spoilt the shock/surprise factor they could have had if shown in the direct.  Sure, they can still be shown but won't have the surprise value.

Nothing wrong. They communicated they spill the beans on the 6th. Everyone was prepared to follow-up the Direct with their own trailer. Contract said the 6th. Now Nintendo reschedules and the 3rd-parties are in a pinch. Their marketing campaign was planned for this. Do they reschedule and plan anew or do they go on as if the direct aired? Different companies might decide differently here, but they are  in a difficult situation.

If anybody has the iOS version could you do me a favor? Go into benchmarks, then hit AI benchmark. Then let the game run, and post your average AI benchmark turn speed. That should give us a good idea of how fast turns speed will be on the Switch. IMO 30 seconds would be unplayable. 20 seconds would be good.

Around the Network

Wow, as a Civ fan to see the Switch get a port is impressive. Of course it will always play better as a PC game but I think this is a cool idea. Good on Nintendo and Fireaxis for this.

Cerebralbore101 said:
If anybody has the iOS version could you do me a favor? Go into benchmarks, then hit AI benchmark. Then let the game run, and post your average AI benchmark turn speed. That should give us a good idea of how fast turns speed will be on the Switch. IMO 30 seconds would be unplayable. 20 seconds would be good.

I dont think would give us good idea how Switch turns speed will be on Switch, games on Switch can be much more optimised compared to iOS platform.

Miyamotoo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I dont think would give us good idea how Switch turns speed will be on Switch, games on Switch can be much more optimised compared to iOS platform.

I'm sure Switch is more competent in terms of graphics, but both Switch and iPad 2 have 1 Ghz clockspeed in their CPU. So as far as turn times go it should be roughly the same. 

Jranation said:
peachbuggy said:

Well, if the 3rd parties want to make the announcement because for whatever reason Nintendo doesn't, or delays it, i guess there's not much Nintendo can do about it.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Cerebralbore101 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I'm sure Switch is more competent in terms of graphics, but both Switch and iPad 2 have 1 Ghz clockspeed in their CPU. So as far as turn times go it should be roughly the same. 

I think you don't understand me, I talking about optimization, Switch is a console, hole Switchs OS, tools, APIs, hardware... all is totaly adjusted to take most of games on first and last place, hole Switch is made to use most of games, while iOS and Android are quite opposite and you cant say same thing for iOS and Android devices, they are made in order to do different wide variety of things, they are not focused on games.

Saying that because Switch has 1 GHZ CPU we should expect similar performance like iPad that also has 1 GHZ, is same like saying that PS4 can run games same like PC with 1.5 GHZ CPU.