By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Civilization VI Comes To Nintendo Switch On November 16

SvennoJ said:
With touch screen controls I might actually bite. It's been a while since I've played Civ. Does it support touch screen laptops in the PC version?

Yes, Civ V and Civ VI both have touchscreen support on Windows.

Around the Network
Sordel said:
I thought this must be a gag or hoax. I literally almost posted here yesterday citing Civ VI as a game that would never come to Switch; I don't even see how it will be playable. I've got over 450 hours on PC in it but I haven't even touched the expansions. This is HUGE news ... except I've got to think that there will be an intolerable downgrade to get it working.

Than you are probably not aware that game is already available for iPads also (its full PC version of game with changed UI), Switch version will definitely work better in any case.

Kristof81 said:

I just wonder how is it going to look and play on 6.2 inch screen? Also, in docked mode, are we going to be able to use motion controls to simulate mouse?
I just found an interview with game developer Sarah Darney, where they discuss possibility of porting Civ6 to PS4 and XB1, in which she says "no" as quote "we feel that the PC is the platform where Civilization 6 fits the best." I presume it's mainly because of controls. 

Controls obviously, mbut curious how the game will run come mid-late to late game. I mean on even the best PC's you can be waiting like what feels like forever between turns. Wonder if it will be even longer on the Switch.

But anyway, who really plays super long in CIv games anyway. The first couple hundred years are the most fun, and then its time to reset, always thinking of "I'm gonna do this instead this time" or planning to do something else because of what just happened in current game. Low and behold the new game plays completely different and thus your "changes" did not end up helping you.

I was indeed unaware of the iPad version. If it's very touchscreen dependent then it might not suit me. I was playing Metro last night and - while it's good - I'm very reluctant to get my Switch's screen greasy like my iPad's.

On my PC monitor I feel that Civ VI needs every square inch of real estate I can give it (I run it 2560x1440) so I have some real doubts about how this will look on Switch but I so want it to be good.

i want to love this game on the switch, we will see.

Around the Network

Wow, amazing. Wonder if there’s a Scorpio version planned. Handheld on Switch will be glorious though.

vivster said:
Now this is gonna be interesting. I want to know how long the turn time is in long games on big maps.

Less than one battery charge in the endgame.

View on YouTube

Probably similar to the iPads with A9X / A10

Turn times will probably be well over 30 seconds, unless they heavily modify the game to run on switch.

That's cool but isn't Civ VI the kind of game that really murders your CPU?

Cerebralbore101 said:
Turn times will probably be well over 30 seconds, unless they heavily modify the game to run on switch.

As multiplayer is limited to 4 players in this version I'm wondering if you're also limited to 4 civilisations in single player, that might be the modification.

Edit: After looking at the IOS version there doesn't seem to be any limits in regards to this. So I imagine it'll be same on Switch and you can have as many Civilisations as the PC version.

The IOS version is also limited to 4 players multiplayer, so it looks like this version is based on that. So other than that small change it's basically the same as the PC.