By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What if Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony went political and catered to SJW ?

If Sony would accuse (directly or between the lines) all gamers who dislike things about their games as sexists, xenophobes I would buy a PC. Since that would mean Sony thinks they have a superior moral and that can never be good for the writing on which Sony games lean pretty heavily. For instance if Arteus becomes a girl next game because reasons I would probably not buy that game.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

I would play games elsewhere if it got bad enough.

I doubt that two of them would do that since they are Japanese owned.

Last edited by Aeolus451 - on 06 September 2018

Then the unknown 4th manufacturer who rises to fill the void will get my money instead.

I'd prefer my politics and entertainment separately.

ironmanDX said:
Then the unknown 4th manufacturer who rises to fill the void will get my money instead.

I'd prefer my politics and entertainment separately.

This^

Sega Conservacast?

dx11332sega said:
EricHiggin said:

This^

Sega Conservacast?

Sega independantcast no conserv/lib?

Seems like the biggest resistance against the SJW agenda is from Conservatives, plus I thought it sounded the best, but yours could work as well. Independent makes it sound like an indy focused console though, which could be seen as good or bad.

Around the Network

I don't care how people perceive the political viewpoint of a company or what politics their games might push. I care about them making good games. If they stopped releasing good games, I would change platform.

There are a lot of movies I like, that certain people wrongfully claim push agendas. And there are also movies that clearly push political agendas that I disagree with, yet I still think the movies are brilliant.

sony is kinda into it with Naughty dog. their employees on twitter have ranted against gamers opposing their SJW agenda

dx11332sega said:
Qwark said:

If Sony would accuse (directly or between the lines) all gamers who dislike things about their games as sexists, xenophobes I would buy a PC. Since that would mean Sony thinks they have a superior moral and that can never be good for the writing on which Sony games lean pretty heavily. For instance if Arteus becomes a girl next game because reasons I would probably not buy that game.

What If Sony made another character but you main her and shes bossing kratos like hes doesn't know what hes doing and kratos accepts women superiority?

Then it should not be called God of War, but goddess of a puppet of war. Doubt I would be into that. Especially if you played previous GOW's the man that became a god slayed a lot of gods is the dad of boy.

Which suddenly gets bossed around, is brain less and takes shit from anyone (would not be better if it was a male) brakes the illusion of GOW so badly I will skip it. Though it will probably get a really high MC. 

Last edited by Qwark - on 06 September 2018

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I'm a Sony guy, but it's hard to say what it would take for me to jump ship. It would have to be pretty bad, like if the quality of the games would suffer noticeably. And by quality I mean storytelling and writing characters and such, I'm sure the technical aspects would be fine still.
As a Japanese company, Sony is somewhat protected since over there the SJW nonsense doesn't exist and they actually kind of mock the crap that we are going through in the west right now. But most of their major studios are western based, so I guess they can get infected nonetheless. Naughty Dog is already somewhat affected, I hope they grow out of it before they get hit with the reality of "get woke, go broke".

This thread is obviously headed for a shit-show, but it's quite obvious with such a buzz-wordy, idiotic premise.

This can be clearly seen in how nobody can seem to agree on what it actually means to go SJW, or whether the companies already have or not.
Is it writing "unmasculine" characters in the next GoW? The company's marketing calling people sexists!?
How out of touch with reality do you have to be to realize these things would ever happen??

You can go out and believe whatever you want, but be aware when you're being paddled horseshit.
It wasn't too long ago we had a thread accusing ND of having a "secret agenda" because... they posted people liking their trailer on Twitter...
"SJWs" once again proves to be a meaningless term.

"What if these companies catered to SJWs?" I'd tell you to go bother someone else with your conspiracy nonsense