By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Cells on Switch is outselling the PS4 by a factor of 4 to 1

couchmonkey said:
This news is noteworthy bc at this point Switch has roughly 1000 games and another 10+ coming out every week. Everyone was talking "discoverability issues on eshop" back in Q1 yet certain indies are still nailing it. Important sales news, perfect for vgchartz community.

I find the combination of the "Discovery" and charts being expanded in the eshop really helps the cream come to the top even with the massive flow of new titles, I'd really like if they bought in an option now to kinda blacklist certain titles though so they wouldn't show up at all in things like sales (those 4 games related to basic math aren't something that'll ever be on my radar)

The expansion of the charts though to show the top 30 games and also the top 30 of just eshop titles allows a lot of games which didn't get physical releases to have a little more visibility for the 20m strong userbase on the Switch.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
wombat123 said:

There's probably more non-Nintendo fans and Nintendo-hating people replying to this thread than actual Nintendo fans.

That's the usual .😕

Mnementh said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Those games are mostly 2017 games and smaller 2018 games. In a year of noteworthy releases Mario tennis wouldn't have been the top seller anywhere.

As a Switch owner, it was collecting dust post SMO but recently I got Octopath and it has me hooked. But I wouldn't have gotten Octopath of Switch had any big release this year.

Which would be a sin, because Octopath is really one great unique game in it's own right, missing it out because it doesn't have one of the big names would've been so wrong.

Anyways, to the argument the charts are filled with 2017 games. True enough, but do you notice something? The argument here is that Dead Cells is visible, because of the lack of other games on Switch, but is drowned in big releases on PS4. But apparently these big releases are missing from the charts either, otherwise we wouldn't see 2017-releases for Switch. So Dead Cells should've been as visible on PS4 as on Switch.

PS4 has so many games that many of them eat into each other's sales, atleast that's my perspective. Its why PS4 has enormous software sales at 700 million but no game in particular is utterly dominating which shows a userbase playing a variety of different games.

I think its the amazing reviews for Dead Cells which helped it on Switch, moreso than on PS4 because the Switch doesn't have as many amazingly well reviewed games as PS4 and because of portability.