By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Mar1217 said:
Megiddo said:
The slim PS4 has climbed to #14 in the Amazon JP rankings. The KH3 limited PS4 pro (now unavailable) is at #19. Neon Switch is at #28 and the Smash bundle is at #25. PS4 software is still dominating the top of the chart.                             

Ok, I think we should put to rest that Amazon JP isn't an effective way to know the trends of the Japanese market when we do have Media Create charts each week telling us about the Switch and it's software dominating the charts.

Not at all. PS4 software has been on top of the MC charts for the past few weeks, which lines up well with titles like Conan Outcasts, Winning Eleven, and Spider-man on top of Amazon. Obviously most of the SKUs on there are for pre-orders. So no, you're not going to see pre-orders on current MC charts.

Around the Network

KH 1.5+2.5 is at 77. KH3 deluxe is at 91.

Kerotan said:
Mar1217 said:

You can't find it anymore,actually. 

Wasn't stocked well I guess.

Not true  Been in stock all day. After the initial rush demand has really fallen on amazon. 

hmm no it's not on amazon anymore and hasn't been for a couple of days. went from like 2nd/3rd place to out in a couple of hours, that's not demand being low just that it's not available. 

If there is anything, amazon probably don't have codes anymore so they removed it.

Smash and Pokemon Switch bundles finally available, wonder what the hold up was.

That rdr2 bundle jesus damn! No wonder sony isnt dropping the price.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Man, it is difficult to predict anything about the sales of DB FighterZ in Switch (at least in its first week) according to Amazon, considering that many of its pre-orders were before August 28.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Oh that's a lot of bundles.

What about the Fortnite bundle? Not up yet?

Marth said:
Mbolibombo said:
Oh that's a lot of bundles.

What about the Fortnite bundle? Not up yet?

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Fortnite-Double-Helix-Bundle/dp/B07H2PG89M/

Up for preorder but pretty low placement atm. 2400+

Figures, I think that bundle might just be one of those that sells better off the shelves than online.

Kerotan said:
Mbolibombo said:

Seems to be the same with all Nintendo cards in general. They've never really been prominent on the charts at all.

Not sure why, heck I'm not even sure why anyone buy cash cards via amazon in the first place ;P

I would guess digital sales on nintendo platforms is a lot lower than its rivals. 

Well there are only 3 eShop cards in the Top 100 (5, 10 and 50$), but considering the install base of the Switch, it means that Switch owners download quite some games.

Mbolibombo said: 
Marth said: 

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Fortnite-Double-Helix-Bundle/dp/B07H2PG89M/

Up for preorder but pretty low placement atm. 2400+

Figures, I think that bundle might just be one of those that sells better off the shelves than online.

It's doing very well on Gamestop (Top 20 during the last couple days), so it seems more to me that Amazon doesn't advertise the bundle enough and gets overlooked

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 25 September 2018

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Not true  Been in stock all day. After the initial rush demand has really fallen on amazon. 

Actually all these titles chatting well on amazon JP will actually do decent numbers on mediacreate. Amazon gave us an early indication before we had MC numbers that it would sell well and the last few weeks the ps4 has had a good present on the software charts. The next few weeks will be the same with lots of ps4 titles releasing. 

1) It's not available, I've checked it out. 

2) You quote was about hardware sales linked to bundles which were ahead of Switch SKU's. It doesn't matter much when we know the Switch will crush the PS4 like always in JP MC Charts. Sorry for the confusion, my comment wasn't reflecting on the software side.

Software wise ps4 isn't being crushed in Japan. Total software sales for Switch and ps4 are similar this year in Japan. And its safe to assume ps4 digital is higher. So no way is it getting crushed. Total hardware sales this year while Switch clearly ahead it's nowhere near a crushing. Stop exaggerating. 

And I don't know why but for me it says the Nintendo online voucher is available.