By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Software wise ps4 isn't being crushed in Japan. Total software sales for Switch and ps4 are similar this year in Japan. And its safe to assume ps4 digital is higher. So no way is it getting crushed. Total hardware sales this year while Switch clearly ahead it's nowhere near a crushing. Stop exaggerating. 

And I don't know why but for me it says the Nintendo online voucher is available. 

1) Mainly because of MHW, otherwise this would be a large gap.

2) Monthly digital charts coming from Famitsu tell us that isn't the case. The only real exception was again, MHW because it had shortages during it's first few days.

3) That's because we're not the Holidays yet  XD

So when smash releases I'll just use your excuse and exclude it for some random reason. You said it's crushing it and you're wrong. It's surprisingly close in 2018 so far. 

Around the Network

3 Switch bundles releasing in November will make sure that Nintendo improves over last years November NPD by a big margin.

Mbolibombo said:
3 Switch bundles releasing in November will make sure that Nintendo improves over last years November NPD by a big margin.

What's the switch line up from now until the new year? BTW the switch online voucher is showing available now for me. Is it out of stock for anybody else?

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-12-Month-Individual-Membership/dp/B07FV64QLX/ref=zg_bs_videogames_36?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VKB5KZ8NQAX6HJQK6T2A

Rdr2 ps4 bundle in absolute beast mode. 

It's good to see the PS4 readily available (and comfortably in the 10-20 spot) on Amazon after close to a year (since at least MHW) of issues. This thing is 5 years old.

Kerotan said:
Mbolibombo said:

What's the switch line up from now until the new year? BTW the switch online voucher is showing available now for me. Is it out of stock for anybody else?

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-12-Month-Individual-Membership/dp/B07FV64QLX/ref=zg_bs_videogames_36?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VKB5KZ8NQAX6HJQK6T2A

I don't know why people are saying it's out of stock, i've checked it a few times, it's been up for at least a day. No ones buying it because it's trash. At least I hope they aren't.

Honestly I haven't seen it go out of stock and i've checked Amazon quite a bit.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 25 September 2018

Around the Network

RDR2 will move alot of PS4 Pro's.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Kerotan said:

I don't know why people are saying it's out of stock, i've checked it a few times, it's been up for at least a day. No ones buying it because it's trash. At least I hope they aren't.

Honestly I haven't seen it go out of stock and i've checked Amazon quite a bit.

Yeah i was getting confused with the other guy saying it was out of stock yesterday while it clearly wasn't. 

It's ranked 27 in Japan and 36 in the USA. Demand seems very low despite the cheap price. I wonder will Nintendo reconsider their offering. 

Kerotan said:
Mbolibombo said:

What's the switch line up from now until the new year?

I have 65 retail games on my list but I'll just mention some of the notable games, this is what releases at retail that has a chance of selling good to great as of today and until years end. This is excluding digital only titles.

• Valkyra Chronicles 4 - 180925
  • DragonBall FighterZ - 180928
  • Fifa 19 - 180928
  • Mega Man 11 - 181002
  • Super Mario Party - 181005
  • Disgaea 1 Complete - 181012
  • World Ends With You: Final Remix - 181012
  • Lego DC Villains - 181016
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 181016
  • Warriors Orochi 4 - 181016
  • Dark Souls Remastered - 181019
  • Just Dance 2019 - 181023
  • Lego Harry Potter - 181030
  • Diablo 3: Eternal Collection - 181102
  • Taiko Drum Master - 181102
  • Civiliazation VI - 181116
  • Pokemon Let's Go Evee/Pikachu - 181116
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 181208
  • ARK: Survival Evolved - No date yet
  • Team Sonic Racing - No date yet
  • V-Rally 4 - No date yet
Not sure, I might have missed some but this is what I've got. Pretty good lineup I'd say, a CoD game would have looked good there I must say. 

As far as PS4 bundles go (into holiday season) it looks like Sony is set up to do as good as imaginable. Expect Sony to take Sept, October, and December - expecting a decent fight with a lot of strong Switch bundles though. Unless something crazy happens Black Friday, Nintendo can win November, but it Sony/Microsoft will clearly have cheaper alternatives making this impossible to predict. Sony can always slash RDR2 Pro bundle to 349 for Black Friday week and do a $199 Slim/Spiderman bundle and walk away with this whole thing easily. Nintendo could still win the rev game with its 349 bundles though. Xbox could just completely bottom out and there is NO reason why they wont slack $100 off of the X which will put some live into their numbers. So November is anyone's guess.

Mar1217 said:
CosmicSex said:
As far as PS4 bundles go (into holiday season) it looks like Sony is set up to do as good as imaginable. Expect Sony to take Sept, October, and December - expecting a decent fight with a lot of strong Switch bundles though. Unless something crazy happens Black Friday, Nintendo can win November, but it Sony/Microsoft will clearly have cheaper alternatives making this impossible to predict. Sony can always slash RDR2 Pro bundle to 349 for Black Friday week and do a $199 Slim/Spiderman bundle and walk away with this whole thing easily. Nintendo could still win the rev game with its 349 bundles though. Xbox could just completely bottom out and there is NO reason why they wont slack $100 off of the X which will put some live into their numbers. So November is anyone's guess.

You know December's usually Nintendo's strongest month right ?

That's also when Smash will go out. What does Sony have that it would change a seemingly obvious result ?

Yeah... it's very unlikely that November is anyone's guess with Sony at a lock for December when last year Switch sold almost double in December 2017 (1.5M), than what it sold November 2017(800K). Plus Nintendo has it's biggest 1st party release of 2018 in December.

Last edited by Green098 - on 25 September 2018