By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Original Valkyria Chronicles is coming to Switch!

When the Vita launched, there was one game I dreamed of being able to take on the go. WWE 2K. Well, a portable WWE 2K game never never happened.  Sad because WWE 2K18 on the Switch would have been awesome if they ever made one. Still, there was another title: The original Valkyria Chronicles! Well, it's happening!!

It'll be out after Val 4 for $19. And if you buy 4 first , you even get a discount. This is HUGE for me. One of my favorite games, ever!!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/2/17811958/valkyria-chronicles-1-nintendo-eshop

Last edited by d21lewis - on 03 September 2018

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Yes, that was announced quite a long time ago, but no specific date had been given.

So... will you wait until VC4 is out in order to get $5 off for VC1? That's a whole week of waiting.

Reeeely? Well, I'm consistently out of the loop these days. At least I'm no longer surprised at my ignorance. Only the by the discovery of already long ago announced games. Just Cause 4 this year? Whaaaa?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RolStoppable said:
Yes, that was announced quite a long time ago, but no specific date had been given.

So... will you wait until VC4 is out in order to get $5 off for VC1? That's a whole week of waiting.

Fuck no! You know who I am!

$5 sounds a lot less impressive than 25% off. It's a nice deal if you already wanted to get both though.

I played the original on PS4 a few months ago, and it's definitely worth it. Highly recommend to anyone, one of my favorite RPGs for sure. Everyone should play it!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

John2290 said:
After playing the start of both 2 and 3 on the OG PSP a few months back (decent games but the PSP really holds them back massively) and revolution on the vita (absolutely terrible game), this one is only stellar game of what's released in the series so far, havn't played that one other one though. Hoping 4 can return to and evolve naturally on the original 3, I'm holding out hope they'll just wipe everything in between and focus on creating a true sequel to the first so we can forget about everything in between. Good to see this on the switch though, it's one of those perfect titles for the system.

VC4 takes place during the events of VC1. It's a true current gen vision of the original game. S' gonna be great. :) I hope. I ordered the $130 deluxe edition.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

It comes out October 16th. Which is after Valkyria 4, that comes out September 25th. Might wanna update OP.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

It is a great game. I have no intention of purchasing it again, but for those who never owned a PS3 (or whatever other systems it was on), this is great news!

Paatar said:

It comes out October 16th. Which is after Valkyria 4, that comes out September 25th. Might wanna update OP.

I will. When I made the thread, the story was in my Google feed. Whichever site i got the story from said something like "If you have Valkyria Chronicles 4, you'll save $5 so you might want to wait if you plan on buying both". I can't even find it now. Either they updated it or I just read it wrong.

In any event, I'll fix the OP though I was excited to have the original to keep me busy until the new one comes out. After playing 4, it might decrease my interest in the first. Then again, playing the first one first might have given me fatigue before playing the 4th!

Might be the best way to get into the series, nice that they are porting and releasing it before VC4.

d21lewis said:
Paatar said:

I will. When I made the thread, the story was in my Google feed. Whichever site i got the story from said something like "If you have Valkyria Chronicles 4, you'll save $5 so you might want to wait if you plan on buying both". I can't even find it now. Either they updated it or I just read it wrong.

In any event, I'll fix the OP though I was excited to have the original to keep me busy until the new one comes out. After playing 4, it might decrease my interest in the first. Then again, playing the first one first might have given me fatigue before playing the 4th!

For nintendo news always check nintendoeverything, best source:

https://nintendoeverything.com/valkyria-chronicles-1-coming-west-on-switch-in-october/

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Definitely cool that it finally got a western release announcement.