By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 48 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay

PotentHerbs said:
The character creation looks glorious.

That's interesting, you must have watched a different video than the rest of us - because absolutely jack shit was shown on character creation other than that the option being there.

Baseless and disingenuous hype for the win... *slow clap*

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
PotentHerbs said:
The character creation looks glorious.

That's interesting, you must have watched a different video than the rest of us - because absolutely jack shit was shown on character creation other than that the option being there.

You seem like such a nice person...

I am very impressed with this game. It might be game of the generation next to Zelda. Australia will probably try to ban this game because.. video games are evil. Lets hope CD Red has some good lawyers.

Hynad said:
TranceformerFX said:

Hyperbole really bothers me, and that comment was textbook hyperbole.

After watching through the video again, I'm kind of less enthused.  That being said, I'm going to assume that they're only showing mainline story stuff, which is why it's kind of sluggish, linear, and heavily scripted. 

Combat looked less than impressive, as well, but that might have to do with it being early in the game.  My understanding is that it's going to be the type of game where skills and weapons will have a substantial impact on how you play, so the basis of the combat system might be rather vanilla.

That video didn't feel very "open-world" in terms of the gameplay experience.  I hope they release more that highlights player freedom.

Medisti said:

As I said in my initial post, he physically can't. He gets horrible motion sickness from first-person games. Third-person it doesn't happen. I think it has something to do with his brain thinking it's his own eyesight or something in first-person. The dark side of immersion, maybe? My mom actually has the exact same problem, and that's why she only plays 2D games. 

That's a very one-sided way to consider the situation. Some people just like having a laugh when predictions are so far off-base. It is a sales site, after all. But that's off-topic, so I'll shush.

I should change mine, too, but that reeks of effort.

Have they tried different first-person games?  Especially newer ones?  I can't play some first-person games without getting a raging headache that makes me feel physically sick but, luckily, playing on PC allows me to deal with a lot of the problems.  Changing anti-aliasing methods, increasing POV, scaling back motion blur and other effects, and playing with turning speeds are some that can make a huge difference.  I've transformed games from being unplayable to not giving me any trouble at all.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

After watching through the video again, I'm kind of less enthused.  That being said, I'm going to assume that they're only showing mainline story stuff, which is why it's kind of sluggish, linear, and heavily scripted. 

Combat looked less than impressive, as well, but that might have to do with it being early in the game.  My understanding is that it's going to be the type of game where skills and weapons will have a substantial impact on how you play, so the basis of the combat system might be rather vanilla.

That video didn't feel very "open-world" in terms of the gameplay experience.  I hope they release more that highlights player freedom.

Medisti said:

As I said in my initial post, he physically can't. He gets horrible motion sickness from first-person games. Third-person it doesn't happen. I think it has something to do with his brain thinking it's his own eyesight or something in first-person. The dark side of immersion, maybe? My mom actually has the exact same problem, and that's why she only plays 2D games. 

That's a very one-sided way to consider the situation. Some people just like having a laugh when predictions are so far off-base. It is a sales site, after all. But that's off-topic, so I'll shush.

I should change mine, too, but that reeks of effort.

Have they tried different first-person games?  Especially newer ones?  I can't play some first-person games without getting a raging headache that makes me feel physically sick but, luckily, playing on PC allows me to deal with a lot of the problems.  Changing anti-aliasing methods, increasing POV, scaling back motion blur and other effects, and playing with turning speeds are some that can make a huge difference.  I've transformed games from being unplayable to not giving me any trouble at all.

He's tried a lot of them, and the results are always the same. I'll make the suggestion, though. Thanks for the advice. :)

That's the last bit of promo material i'm gonna watch until release. It was impressive.

4 ≈ One

I want the male main character to have the same voice as Adam Jensen, from Deus Ex ;D

OK, finally got around to watching it. Seemed pretty awesome!

TranceformerFX said:
Hynad said:

Hyperbole really bothers me, and that comment was textbook hyperbole.

WTF did you watch, we saw a preview of the character creation screen, which seems to be pretty in depth. Do you think I'm over hyping a game because I'm praising the character creation aspect? I can't get excited, huh? LMFAO that's a ridiculous leap in logic.