By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not sure I can go back to Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate after playing World.

Same thing, that's one of the reasons i am not getting a Switch for it.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I couldn't go back to any Monster Hunter after Monster Hunter Tri.

I couldn't go back to any Mario game after playing the original. 

zippy said:
So even though Ultimate is a bit more meaty with more monsters and gameplay options, you would pass because of it being visually weaker?

Have you played world?

It has completely new systems and qol improvements which are not present in any other MH game. 

Monster Hunter World on PC is an absolute train wreck so I played the demo of Generations last night and was like sweet jesus im back home again. This is monster hunter. World runs like garbage on PC looks like garbage, the online doesn't work 99% of the time, its a singleplayer game disguised as a multiplayer game. I hope there is NEVER another Monster Hunter with the structure of World it is a downgrade. It fixed a lot of tiny issues but creates bigger issues.

I am beyond glad to go back to Generations

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:
Monster Hunter World on PC is an absolute train wreck so I played the demo of Generations last night and was like sweet jesus im back home again. This is monster hunter. World runs like garbage on PC looks like garbage, the online doesn't work 99% of the time, its a singleplayer game disguised as a multiplayer game. I hope there is NEVER another Monster Hunter with the structure of World it is a downgrade. It fixed a lot of tiny issues but creates bigger issues.

MHW is a 2018 game. It's not going to run well on a toaster. There are going to be a lot more MunHun games like MHW since it is far and away the highest selling MonHun game ever.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
toot1231 said:

MHW is a 2018 game. It's not going to run well on a toaster. There are going to be a lot more MunHun games like MHW since it is far and away the highest selling MonHun game ever.

Highest selling doesn't mean best and it's easy to be the highest selling when its on every single platform. World does way too many things wrong and I am for sure, not on a toaster. Ryzen 5 2600 4.0ghz, RX 580 8GB, 16gb ram

Here is a brief list of things MHW gets wrong from my steam review

-Having to watch cutscenes to play online, forced story, lack of weapon cosmetic variety, lack of armors, too easy to craft full sets, no g rank, only way to message people is by pausing the game (given that the online is working which 99% of the time its not), casualized, lack of monster variety, bland locations except for coral highlands, no more skills so therefore a lack of movement options compared to generations.

And none of that is even mentioning the shoddy PC port. There is a reason it has a 42% rating on steam and lowering because it's a bad Monster Hunter game. Good game, bad monster hunter game. The only reason its getting praised by console players is because this is the first one they've ever played so it was like "wow nothing can get better than mediocrity because i am clueless!"

Last edited by toot1231 - on 17 August 2018

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I can see where you are coming from but I disagree. I don't trust Capcom NOT making a Monster Hunter World Ultimate. They tricked me with Monster Hunter Tri when the Ultimate version came two years later. I will wait for Monster Hunter World Ultimate to come out on PC before it comes out (Probably 2020 release). This is why I am getting Generation Ultimate first. At least the game will feel complete.

Also going backwards just requires a bit more discipline for me. I played through and beat Dragon Quest 1 a few months ago. Now that was hard to do! I still had fun with it though.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

toot1231 said:
Megiddo said:

Highest selling doesn't mean best and it's easy to be the highest selling when its on every single platform. World does way too many things wrong and I am for sure, not on a toaster. Ryzen 5 2600 4.0ghz, RX 580 8GB, 16gb ram

-Having to watch cutscenes to play online, forced story, lack of weapon cosmetic variety, lack of armors, too easy to craft full sets, no g rank, only way to message people is by pausing the game (given that the online is working which 99% of the time its not), casualized, lack of monster variety, bland locations except for coral highlands, no more skills so therefore a lack of movement options compared to generations.

And none of that is even mentioning the shoddy PC port. There is a reason it has a 42% rating on steam and lowering because it's a bad Monster Hunter game. Good game, bad monster hunter game. The only reason its getting praised by console players is because this is the first one they've ever played so it was like "wow nothing can get better than mediocrity because i am clueless!"

I think MonHun players are blown away because they're not subject to several loading screens as they chase their target through several teeny tiny areas. If you prefer that, that's fine and it's your opinion. For others they prefer having the giant seamless environment. Odd that your steam review doesn't mention graphical quality. It's a lot more rational than your prior post that I had quoted. "Forced story" got a big chuckle out of me.

killeryoshis said:
I can see where you are coming from but I disagree. I don't trust Capcom NOT making a Monster Hunter World Ultimate. They tricked me with Monster Hunter Tri when the Ultimate version came two years later. I will wait for Monster Hunter World Ultimate to come out on PC before it comes out (Probably 2020 release). This is why I am getting Generation Ultimate first. At least the game will feel complete.

Also going backwards just requires a bit more discipline for me. I played through and beat Dragon Quest 1 a few months ago. Now that was hard to do! I still had fun with it though.

If you like a game waiting 2 years for it is like a torture =p

Megiddo said:
toot1231 said:

I think MonHun players are blown away because they're not subject to several loading screens as they chase their target through several teeny tiny areas. If you prefer that, that's fine and it's your opinion. For others they prefer having the giant seamless environment. Odd that your steam review doesn't mention graphical quality. It's a lot more rational than your prior post that I had quoted. "Forced story" got a big chuckle out of me.

It's hard to see how the game can be so bad but sell because of multiplatforms (when seem like it is shit in PC and not that hot on X1).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Megiddo said:

Any why can't a giant seamless environment be created on Switch?  Zelda does this quite well.