By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not sure I can go back to Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate after playing World.

Monster Hunter World is my next game after Persona 5. Looking forward to it, and contemplating getting Generations Ultimate. Will probably wait though, because after being absorbed into Persona 5, I think my VITA will have my portable gaming covered for a bit because Persona 4 Golden has made its way into my sights. Not to mention I have more to do in Octopath (I intentionally used only 4 characters so I could effectively get the full experience twice).

From what I am reading here, I am making the right choice.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

World is a game changer for it..... speak with your wallet, dont buy the "Generations Ultimate" version,
let them see what people want is a new World 2 game instead.

Or rather, them making a Monster Hunter: Switch, because they can make a game for Switch that looks and functions much better than a 3DS port.
I suspect they're already working on it.

zippy said:
So even though Ultimate is a bit more meaty with more monsters and gameplay options, you would pass because of it being visually weaker?

He didn't just mention visuals, but loading times between each area of a map. (Monster Hunter World has none, as it's one big open map.)

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 August 2018

Yeah, Capcom seems like they we're trying to have their cake and it eat with this one. The game was announced practically on top of the Switch ' s initial trailer in 2016. With the 3DS game released the same month and weeks later after lower then normal sales then they announced the Switch port. Japan was right not to buy into that nonsense. I get not wanting to go back either some of the mechanics of the older games should have been replaced years ago, hopefully if Capcom isn't shady a legit Switch Monster Hunter is in works that merges features from World and past games.



I couldn't go back to any Monster Hunter after Monster Hunter Tri.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Same thing, that's one of the reasons i am not getting a Switch for it.



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I couldn't go back to any Monster Hunter after Monster Hunter Tri.

I couldn't go back to any Mario game after playing the original. 



zippy said:
So even though Ultimate is a bit more meaty with more monsters and gameplay options, you would pass because of it being visually weaker?

Have you played world?

It has completely new systems and qol improvements which are not present in any other MH game. 



Monster Hunter World on PC is an absolute train wreck so I played the demo of Generations last night and was like sweet jesus im back home again. This is monster hunter. World runs like garbage on PC looks like garbage, the online doesn't work 99% of the time, its a singleplayer game disguised as a multiplayer game. I hope there is NEVER another Monster Hunter with the structure of World it is a downgrade. It fixed a lot of tiny issues but creates bigger issues.

I am beyond glad to go back to Generations



http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:
Monster Hunter World on PC is an absolute train wreck so I played the demo of Generations last night and was like sweet jesus im back home again. This is monster hunter. World runs like garbage on PC looks like garbage, the online doesn't work 99% of the time, its a singleplayer game disguised as a multiplayer game. I hope there is NEVER another Monster Hunter with the structure of World it is a downgrade. It fixed a lot of tiny issues but creates bigger issues.

I am beyond glad to go back to Generations

MHW is a 2018 game. It's not going to run well on a toaster. There are going to be a lot more MunHun games like MHW since it is far and away the highest selling MonHun game ever.



Megiddo said:
toot1231 said:
Monster Hunter World on PC is an absolute train wreck so I played the demo of Generations last night and was like sweet jesus im back home again. This is monster hunter. World runs like garbage on PC looks like garbage, the online doesn't work 99% of the time, its a singleplayer game disguised as a multiplayer game. I hope there is NEVER another Monster Hunter with the structure of World it is a downgrade. It fixed a lot of tiny issues but creates bigger issues.

I am beyond glad to go back to Generations

MHW is a 2018 game. It's not going to run well on a toaster. There are going to be a lot more MunHun games like MHW since it is far and away the highest selling MonHun game ever.

Highest selling doesn't mean best and it's easy to be the highest selling when its on every single platform. World does way too many things wrong and I am for sure, not on a toaster. Ryzen 5 2600 4.0ghz, RX 580 8GB, 16gb ram

Here is a brief list of things MHW gets wrong from my steam review

-Having to watch cutscenes to play online, forced story, lack of weapon cosmetic variety, lack of armors, too easy to craft full sets, no g rank, only way to message people is by pausing the game (given that the online is working which 99% of the time its not), casualized, lack of monster variety, bland locations except for coral highlands, no more skills so therefore a lack of movement options compared to generations.

And none of that is even mentioning the shoddy PC port. There is a reason it has a 42% rating on steam and lowering because it's a bad Monster Hunter game. Good game, bad monster hunter game. The only reason its getting praised by console players is because this is the first one they've ever played so it was like "wow nothing can get better than mediocrity because i am clueless!"

Last edited by toot1231 - on 17 August 2018

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~